I'm a Finrock fan!

I love Finrock! I'm his biggest fan.

It doesn't even matter what his ideology is. I just love him. Why? Because his posts always start with a salutation - even before the quoted commentary. Then he presents his views. It may even be contrary to the quoted commentary but, it doesn't ever sting because he is your friend - he makes you feel he is your friend.

From now on, I am going to adapt the Finrock-style. I call you to do the same! Join the Finrock fan base!

Greetings everybody. I hope your day is going well.

Magandang gabi Anatess!

Great idea :] Finrock is definitely deserving of having his own fan base and I'll certainly join! I too have always liked how he starts his posts with such a lovely greeting.

Hope everyone else is having a SUPERB evening or morning.. depending on where you're located. :D

It doesn't even matter what his ideology is. I just love him. Why? Because his posts always start with a salutation - even before the quoted commentary. Then he presents his views. It may even be contrary to the quoted commentary but, it doesn't ever sting because he is your friend - he makes you feel he is your friend.

From now on, I am going to adapt the Finrock-style. I call you to do the same! Join the Finrock fan base!

Don't fall for it.

Proverbs 27:6

Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

;)

I'm not sure - Finrock might be a brown noser. ;) And if not, I would not want to steal his salutation style; that's what makes Finrock Finrock. But I agree that the pleasant salutation is a nice read before the aggressive debating starts. :P

M.

Good afternoon anatess! I hope your enjoying your Friday. I sure hope it is warmer in your part of the world than it is here in Michigan. :)

Thank you for the kind thread, but I would advise you that you don't actually want to be my fan, because I'm guaranteed to let you down, sooner or later! :lol:

However, please continue being nice and respectful to others in your posts. And, go out of your way to let others know that you respect them and their agency, even when you don't agree with them. The internet forum scene needs a lot more of this! :)

Kind Regards,

Finrock

Good afternoon Jason_J! I hope you are enjoying your day. :)

I like Finrock too. he used to post over at Catholic Answers, then left. Come back, we need you over there!

Thanks, Jason_J. I'm not sure if I remember you from Catholic Answers. Did you go by a different name there or was it just Jason? Perhaps I do remember...:hmmm: Catholic Answers is a fine place. But, when my ability to remain respectful and kind gets tested, it is time for me to take a break. That's essentially what happened at Catholic Answers.

Well, in any case, you've actually been an example to me on the lds.net forum and probably on the Catholic Answers forum as well, if I'm remembering you correctly. I've always appreciated your well thought-out and respectfully worded posts.

Regards,

Finrock

A glorious start to the weekend to you Finrock! It is a beautiful week here in Florida.

Good afternoon anatess! I hope your enjoying your Friday. I sure hope it is warmer in your part of the world than it is here in Michigan. :)

Thank you for the kind thread, but I would advise you that you don't actually want to be my fan, because I'm guaranteed to let you down, sooner or later! :lol:

However, please continue being nice and respectful to others in your posts. And, go out of your way to let others know that you respect them and their agency, even when you don't agree with them. The internet forum scene needs a lot more of this! :)

Kind Regards,

Finrock

Let me down? NEVER!

That's easy for you to say. He has probably never done anything to harm you.

It is less easy to love him if he once gutted you with a carving knife, spilling your bowels on the side of a desert road, leaving you as carrion for birds and scavengers.

Curses to you Finrock.

Good evening Snow! I hope you are well tonight. :)

That's easy for you to say. He has probably never done anything to harm you.

It is less easy to love him if he once gutted you with a carving knife, spilling your bowels on the side of a desert road, leaving you as carrion for birds and scavengers.

Curses to you Finrock.

And when I say that I hope you are well, I mean that I hope you are suffering well on the side of the desert road, hopelessly trying to stuff your innards back in.

Regards,

Finrock

At least he had the sophistication to leave a sprig of parsley as a garnish. Plating is often under appreciated.

Edited by Dravin

At least he had to sophistication to leave a sprig of parsley as a garnish. Plating is often under appreciated.

Along those culinary lines, I am going to start start sharpening my own knives, with more than just a simple steel and those cheap pull through convenience sharpeners. Tomorrow I'd off to buy some stones and a rod system. I'll practice on my softer steel German knives and if that goes well I may try my hand on my harder Japanese carbon knife and Damascus steel knives. If one is into these things, I have a Ken Onion Shun knife of VG-10 steel and a Shun knife of exotic SG-2 powered steel with a Rockwell Hardness of 64.

Along those culinary lines, I am going to start start sharpening my own knives, with more than just a simple steel and those cheap pull through convenience sharpeners. Tomorrow I'd off to buy some stones and a rod system. I'll practice on my softer steel German knives and if that goes well I may try my hand on my harder Japanese carbon knife and Damascus steel knives. If one is into these things, I have a Ken Onion Shun knife of VG-10 steel and a Shun knife of exotic SG-2 powered steel with a Rockwell Hardness of 64.

For some reason, Dexter popped into my head while reading this. Hmmm.....

Elph

Good morning Elphaba.

For some reason, Dexter popped into my head while reading this. Hmmm.....

Elph

Okay, so I'm LDS, right... but, I am going to go out of the closet and admit that I am so liking Dexter.

Good morning, anatess!

I must say that I agree with your sentiments.

Have a great day, and smile a lot! :lol:

. If one is into these things, I have a Ken Onion Shun knife of VG-10 steel and a Shun knife of exotic SG-2 powered steel with a Rockwell Hardness of 64.

I prefer cutting with the Xenix L-11 laser scalpel, and if my steak is really tough, I might consider blasting it first with the A3-21 Pulse Rifle.

Could you pass the A1 sauce?