how do mormon religious beliefs influence individuals lifestyle

mb-123

Guest mormonmusic
Hidden

Beyond the obvious things, like not smoking, drinking, doing drugs, or drinking coffee and tea, we do the following:

1. We have a strong orientation toward following Jesus Christ. This involves many things, including giving money for the express purpose of helping the poor, and doing our best to serve each other and our non-member acquaintances/friends.

2. We spend a lot of time time together as families in efforts to strengthen them.

3. Mothers tend to stay at home, and fathers tend to work.

4. It wouldn't surprise me if our average family size is bigger than the national average.

5. We devote Sundays to Church and spiritual activities rather than sports or other things you do during the week.

6. Many of our young men and women put off education and marriage until after we've devoted a couple years to serving missions, often at their own expense.

7. We tend to wear white shirts and dark pants/jackets to Church.

8. Some have claimed that the average active member invests more time and energy in the their Church service than in the average traditional Christian religion. But I can't verify this because I've been out of the traditional Christian church scene my entire adult life.

9. We have strong cultural values that influence our behavior at Church. Things that aren't necessarily written down anywhere, that most people just do because it's part of the culture.

10. We dedicate time to teaching our children the gospel at home.

I'm sure others could add more.

Or is it a topic :P

Well, it's not 'THE topic', but it's certainly 'A topic'.

I would say THE topic is 'Simply posting a question without including any framework by which to discuss it, such as an opinion of the original poster or a reason for asking the question or anything at all which might spark discussion, would result in what type of posts?'

And I think the answer to that meta-question is 'Very silly ones that have little to do with the original one'.

Personally, I would find it odd if a religion did not have an influence on any given individual's behavior. After all, isn't that a universal goal of any religion? Sure the doctrines, ceremonies, and ideals vary widely, but really....if you belonged to a religion that had no desire to exert an influence on your behavior, what would be the benefit/consequence of participation in said religion?

I'm not the one who goes around licking people's monitors.

About that... can you stop licking people's mice? It's kinda gross.

Has anyone noticed MB-123 came in, posted this one thing, then never came back to state anything at all? o.O This can't be an interesting topic for him. :P

You intimidated him with your rugged good looks, impeccable logic, and way with the ladies... and the sock full of loonies.

Edited by Dravin

Yes, but I had no idea that Beefche wasn't done with my plate. After all, she was also slurping into my water glass long before I was finished with it....

Have some compassion, she was raised in a barn after all. If I grew up drinking out of a water trough I might have difficulties too. ;)