Doctor performing abortions accused of murder.

pam

I knew a girl in college, who once voiced the opinion that she figured abortion should be legal within the first year of the baby's life.

I was standing two feet away from her. She said it clearly and distinctly. She didn't misspeak, and I didn't mishear. It really happened.

Her statement was like the 'missing link' of the abortion debate.

What's also incredibly disgusting is that the clinic hadn't been visited or investigated once since 1993, despite repeated reports of dangerous activity, yet this whole thing was discovered because of illegal prescription charges. What?

That just adds insult to injury. Kinda like Al Capone. He broke many major crimes, yet got booked for tax evasion. It makes the justice system look completely messed up.

That just adds insult to injury. Kinda like Al Capone. He broke many major crimes, yet got booked for tax evasion. It makes the justice system look completely messed up.

Often prosecutors have to choose the charges most likely to gain a conviction. They have a passion to see that justice is done, and ruthless criminals are in prison where they belong. Unfortunately, because of the mountains of legal protection for abortion, these providers are shielded from accountability and their crimes go on for years before anything can be done about it. It's oddly curious that those who sell guns for a living are heavily scrutinized and subject to multiple regulations. These guns sold will likely never kill another human being. Yet those who do kill human beings for a living are disproportionately protected from transparency and regulation.

Often prosecutors have to choose the charges most likely to gain a conviction. They have a passion to see that justice is done, and ruthless criminals are in prison where they belong. Unfortunately, because of the mountains of legal protection for abortion, these providers are shielded from accountability and their crimes go on for years before anything can be done about it. It's oddly curious that those who sell guns for a living are heavily scrutinized and subject to multiple regulations. These guns sold will likely never kill another human being. Yet those who do kill human beings for a living are disproportionately protected from transparency and regulation.

No no no. I understand the fact that there's huge grey areas and such around abortions, but given the fact that people knew there was something seriously wrong going on the clinic, yet there was no action taken, let alone executing a search warrent on it disturbs me.

If the fetuses were healthy, then that's a problem especially if the abortion was against the mother's wish. Even if someone decided they didn't want a baby, they could chose adoption instead, as there are plenty of married couples who aren't able to have children, and who would love to adopt. I'm actually pro-choice, especially in medical cases where the fetus would die soon after birth, or be stillborn. Another medical reason for abortion, usually in the first trimester, is in cases where the mother will die if the pregnancy continues, especially if she already has children who need their mother. In cases of ectopic pregnancy, abortion is the only option as a ruptured tube is dangerous, not just for the embryo.

If the fetuses were healthy, then that's a problem especially if the abortion was against the mother's wish. Even if someone decided they didn't want a baby, they could chose adoption instead, as there are plenty of married couples who aren't able to have children, and who would love to adopt. I'm actually pro-choice, especially in medical cases where the fetus would die soon after birth, or be stillborn. Another medical reason for abortion, usually in the first trimester, is in cases where the mother will die if the pregnancy continues, especially if she already has children who need their mother. In cases of ectopic pregnancy, abortion is the only option as a ruptured tube is dangerous, not just for the embryo.

The problem here is that none of these things were the case (generally speaking). For the most part, this creep was performing the abortions on minority and disadvantaged women. More than likely, he wasn't charging much because he figured he could make his profits off of volume, especially if he didn't hire medical support staff. He was also willing to take late term, illegal cases and the most desperate of people were using him.

I, too, am pro-choice when it comes to abortion, but this guy should be put on the fast track to getting fried.

These babies were being aborted at even 6 months. Babies that were viable.

http://afridgefulloffood.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341cbbc953ef0128757b9866970c-500wi

This is a baby born at 6 months gestation. The thought of what that evil person was doing to sweet little things like this makes me want to...well I just can't say.

Has the Pro-Life crowd pounced on this to begin howling for the blood of abortion clinics, yet?

If not, they should. There is little as powerfully emotional as what this man did. It's sickening.

I disagree that they should. It's true that what this man did was sickening. But it was so sickening that only the most extreme (and dare I say only the foul) of the pro-choice crowd support abortions under the circumstances this man was performing them. The things he did are illegal because, even among the pro-choice camp, there is little to no feeling that viable fetuses should be aborted.

This man should and will get zero support from pro-choicers. In the interest of civil discourse and fairness, I'd be very disappointed if the pro-life camp tried to depict this as the representation of all pro-choice advocates.

It makes the health department look incredibly incompetent.

If the fetuses were healthy, then that's a problem especially if the abortion was against the mother's wish.

The video (which contains no graphic images) expounded a little more than the article itself did. The babies were in their sixth, seventh, and eighth months of gestation. They were viable. The doctor would induce labor, delivery the babies, and then kill them. They would be crying, just like any normal baby. In many cases, these weren't abortions at all, since they weren't in utero, but plain old murder. The mothers went to this clinic because of its reputation for this type of "service" offered.

Even if someone decided they didn't want a baby, they could chose adoption instead, as there are plenty of married couples who aren't able to have children, and who would love to adopt. I'm actually pro-choice, especially in medical cases where the fetus would die soon after birth, or be stillborn. Another medical reason for abortion, usually in the first trimester, is in cases where the mother will die if the pregnancy continues, especially if she already has children who need their mother. In cases of ectopic pregnancy, abortion is the only option as a ruptured tube is dangerous, not just for the embryo.

Totally irrelevant to the accusations/charges at hand, but I agree with you.

More than likely, he wasn't charging much because he figured he could make his profits off of volume, especially if he didn't hire medical support staff.

In the video, the D.A. stated that the doctor charged on a sliding scale, based on how far along the fetus was.

I disagree that they should. It's true that what this man did was sickening. But it was so sickening that only the most extreme (and dare I say only the foul) of the pro-choice crowd support abortions under the circumstances this man was performing them. The things he did are illegal because, even among the pro-choice camp, there is little to no feeling that viable fetuses should be aborted.

This man should and will get zero support from pro-choicers. In the interest of civil discourse and fairness, I'd be very disappointed if the pro-life camp tried to depict this as the representation of all pro-choice advocates.

Oh, there's no denying that would be unfair in the extreme.

It's also impossible to deny that it would be a very emotionally effective strike in their favor.

Civil discourse between pro-life and pro-choice hasn't existed for a very long time. I'm even unsure if there should be a civil discourse in something like this. If you believe that an act results in murdered children, the last thing on your mind should be civil discourse.

According to Wikipedia, there have been from 1975 to 2005, there were around 800, 000 abortions reported last year. And the government doesn't require that they all be reported.

Note that I'm not saying this is my belief.

I am saying, however, that if I believed that (say)a million Kindergarten kids were killed last year by private clinics(Which is a similar number and circumstance - Most pro-lifers are saying there's no difference between a fetus, a baby or a kindergarten child. All have the same worth), civil discourse would not be forefront on my mind.

I would think that using this as a means of driving home the point that assigning an arbitrary number to when it's acceptable to abort is ridiculous.

But the pro-life crowd fought to keep some late-term abortion procedures legal! You've heard of "partial-birth abortion"? Well, when many wanted it banned, the pro-choice groups around the nation fought against it. These are viable fetuses we are talking about, and easily could be brought up for adoption. However, the pro-choice group chose to keep it in there. They've demanded that there not be any limitations to abortion, even though some restrictions have been applied by the courts and state legislatures. So, while many of the pro-choice may be against what this doctor did, perhaps it would be more because of his dangerous methods and not being properly licensed, rather than the fact that he was aborting the babies the mothers wanted aborted.

It makes the health department look incredibly incompetent.

I'm reading the grand jury indictment. It doesn't make them look incompetent - it makes them look like willing participants over the course of years.

Something is rotten in the state of Pennsylvania.

* The Dept of Health choosing not to enforce laws or follow their own processes for over a decade. They even refused to investigate after recieving multiple complaints.

- DOH's division of disease control ignored reports in '08 and '09.

- Division of Environmental Engineering failed to follow through with a complaint in '03 about aborted fetuses stored in an employee refrigerator.

* Dept of State failed to investigate a death in 2002.

* Fellow doctors failed to report him after witnessing reckless and criminal acts.

* The city of Philadelphia failed to enforce medical waste disposal plans.

* Numerous city health dept workers were in and out of that clinic for decades without reporting what they say. One or two did file reports - which were never acted on.

* There are also non-governmental bodies like the National Abortion Federation who failed to follow their own inspection procedures or bother enforcing them.

May God have mercy on the souls of the hundreds of people who contributed to this situation through inaction or willful looking the other way. And may we bring them to justice in this life.

Edited by Loudmouth_Mormon

But the pro-life crowd fought to keep some late-term abortion procedures legal! You've heard of "partial-birth abortion"? Well, when many wanted it banned, the pro-choice groups around the nation fought against it.

In fairness to the abortion-rights crowd: Partial-birth abortion is one late-term abortion procedure, but it isn't the only one. Some of the other (legal) methods make partial-birth abortion look downright humane.

Oh, there's no denying that would be unfair in the extreme.

They accuse us of being extreme. I think there's nothing more unfair or extreme than the carnage of killing a living, innocent baby child in the very place where he/she should be safest.

Civil discourse between pro-life and pro-choice hasn't existed for a very long time. I'm even unsure if there should be a civil discourse in something like this. If you believe that an act results in murdered children, the last thing on your mind should be civil discourse.

Yep. You're touching on the biggest problem in the pro life community. Most who say they're pro life are really apathetic and many even vote for politicians who promise to protect abortion on demand as a right. What's the problem here?

The problem is they don't truly see it as murder. If someone knew that in the next town people were being slaughtered in the streets by the thousands, that person would be inclined to sound the alarm, to stop what they are doing and stop at nothing to help end the slaughter. Because babies are being snuffed out behind the privacy of abortion clinics, unseen and unheard, people don't realize the macabre nature of abortion. It doesn't rise to the level of urgency that it ought to. This is the reason that when people claim to be prolife, I ask them, "Just how prolife are you?"

I am saying, however, that if I believed that (say)a million Kindergarten kids were killed last year by private clinics(Which is a similar number and circumstance - Most pro-lifers are saying there's no difference between a fetus, a baby or a kindergarten child. All have the same worth), civil discourse would not be forefront on my mind.

I would think that using this as a means of driving home the point that assigning an arbitrary number to when it's acceptable to abort is ridiculous.

A society ensconced in the culture of death soon becomes like the Spartans, casting live babies away to be killed by the elements. Or like the Canaanites who sacrificed their children to Molech. The lust for causing death will not stay within the boundries of abortion on demand. The elderly will be offered assisted suicide and all too soon it won't be just a suggestion. And even children who are born will not be safe. The nazis cannot be condemned too harshly once it's understood that any society, even ours, can rapidly deteriorate and be desensitized to the most unthinkable atrocities.

We are not so different than the Germans were.