an update

funkenheimer

It's been a while since I have posted and I have never really posted very regularly. But I try to visit as often as I can.

I first came to this site after my marriage of 12 years ended. I am a single dad with 2 daughters and I needed help in the form of support and advice. I found everything I needed and more at this site.

Now for the update. I have been dating a very special lady for about the last 8 months. A few months ago we went on a date. I took her to the Hale Center Theater as she was in the drama club in high school and I thought it would be fun. The lights at the Hale Center Theater dimmed twice to signal the audience the play was about to resume and they should take their seats. Everyone made their way to their seats and it started to quiet down. The stage manager came onto the floor and asked for everybody's attention. He thanked everyone for coming and said the second act would start shortly. But first there was a matter of business to address. "Is there a John Doe in attendance this evening." I stood up. "Mr. Doe has a matter of business to take care of," said the stage manager. I then said, "This is my girlfriend, Jane," and the crowd started clapping and cheering as they realized what was about to happen. After the crowd started to quiet I said, "Jane and I have been dating for 6 months now and they have been among the happiest six months of my life. There is only one thing that could possibly make me happier." I then knelt down, took the ring out of my pocket and slid it on her finger and asked "Will you marry me?" The crowd erupted with excitement, clapping and cheering. With tears streaming down her face she kissed me and hugged me tight, then whispered "Yes" into my ear. **names were changed

We are getting married in June! Thanks everyone for all the support you gave me during the darkest days of my life. I will continue to visit and hopefully I can repay some of that support.

WOOT! Congratulations! And best wishes.

Great dramatic marriage proposal there! You got class, man!

I heard about this guy a few weeks ago whose girlfriend is a hairdresser. He told his girlfriend that he got onto a commercial and that it's going to air at x'oclock and that she should turn on the TV at her work so she can see it. Well, the commercial happened to be a marriage proposal... that was cool.

I, personally, would drop-kick my boyfriend if he proposes in a big public display (not my style). I would feel too obligated to say Yes because of all the eyes on me... coz, you know, if I say No, I would be the evil witch of the west in their eyes forever... :D But, my then boyfriend, now husband, knew that, so he did his proposal in his own special way... I mean, it all got botched up and didn't go the way he wanted, but it was still very sweet.

Ahhh... we need all these romantic moments in our lives...

Identity theft is no laughing matter. Mods (excluding the so-called "John Doe") should investigate this to see who the real one is.

I'm the real John Doe. Funkenheimer even said he changed the names. But since he used my name, I'm honored. Reminds me of the time I used the name 'Osmond' once when we went to The Old Spaghetti Factory in Salt Lake. When they called for us, everyone in the waiting area stopped their conversations and looked to see if we were the famous Osmonds. It was quite funny.

I'm the real John Doe. Funkenheimer even said he changed the names. But since he used my name, I'm honored. Reminds me of the time I used the name 'Osmond' once when we went to The Old Spaghetti Factory in Salt Lake. When they called for us, everyone in the waiting area stopped their conversations and looked to see if we were the famous Osmonds. It was quite funny.

I want to try that :P

OK, this guy clearly has a history of assuming other's identity. And he says he's the real John Doe. That's just what an ID thief would say. Which begs the question. Who is he really.

And for the sake of slamjam - yeah, this is total tongue in cheek. I've actually read the site rules and know that the proper way to call out a mod is to flag the post and pm another mod. Calling out a mod openly in the threads subjects you to the PamBan.

(oh, did you see what I did up there? I used "begs the question" properly, but then followed it up with a question as though I used it in the popular style - heh)

OK, this guy clearly has a history of assuming other's identity. And he says he's the real John Doe. That's just what an ID thief would say. Which begs the question. Who is he really.

And for the sake of slamjam - yeah, this is total tongue in cheek. I've actually read the site rules and know that the proper way to call out a mod is to flag the post and pm another mod. Calling out a mod openly in the threads subjects you to the PamBan.

(oh, did you see what I did up there? I used "begs the question" properly, but then followed it up with a question as though I used it in the popular style - heh)

Dude! Maybe I should share my meds with you ^_^