Odometer

Dr T

So on my way to work today my odometer read 123456 and I LOVED it! Just so u all know.

I read the title so fast that I thought it said "odormeter" :eek: then I read your "odormeter" number and you loving it and I just thought I am either crazy or what the heck is this.

I read the title so fast that I thought it said "odormeter" :eek: then I read your "odormeter" number and you loving it and I just thought I am either crazy or what the heck is this.

I have a thing with numbers and love when thing are in order. Yes I'm crazy like that a little bit. :)

Dr. T! Did you stop when it hit that number, just so you can bask in the pleasure a little longer?

Both my cars are over 130K... i bought both of them in 2002. It's been paid off for 4 years. I can't buy another car because I got so used to not having car payments that I can't bring myself to get another car loan. I don't have enough saved up for another car yet...

But, man... my 2 cars are chugging along just fine. I tell ya, oil change and tire rotation. They're your friend!

So Dr T, did you stop the car and have it bronzed?

I had a Saturn with 276,000 miles on it. I was hoping to take it well over 300K, when a 16 year old kid in his father's monster truck literally drove over it while I was stopped at a stop sign. Very sad moment for me.

So Dr T, did you stop the car and have it bronzed?

I had a Saturn with 276,000 miles on it. I was hoping to take it well over 300K, when a 16 year old kid in his father's monster truck literally drove over it while I was stopped at a stop sign. Very sad moment for me.

My brother had almost the same experience. He had a '95 Honda Civic he bought brand new in 1994. Never had an accident except for the one time he skidded in the snow and the car ended up in the ditch (undamaged). This big burly guy came and LIFTED his car out of the ditch! Okay, he didn't lift the entire car... the car was half-way in with the trunk in the ditch and both front tires still somewhat on the road. The big guy lifted the trunk of his car out of the ditch and pushed the car out onto the road. Still quite a feat!

Anyway, 2009, his son finally gets a drivers license, and so my brother gave him the car. 2 months later, the kid totals the car. My brother picks up his son from the site of the accident, sees him unhurt but very scared and all he said was... "I've always wondered if those airbags work. Now, I know." But yeah, it was a very sad moment - like a pet just died or something.

So yeah, my nephew ended up paying my brother monthly installments to save up money for another car. He finally saved up $1,500 and he was able to buy another 1995 Honda Civic - of the same color. LOL.

No I didn't stop but I did try taking a picture with my phone but the flash made it too bright and I couldn't see it. :( Bummer Ram. My wife and I had a saturn that was hit by an SUV. It was all in pieces but was able to be repaired-good as new with the Volvo technology. I drive a Toyota Alalon. I LOVE Toyota.

So on my way to work today my odometer read 123456 and I LOVED it! Just so u all know.

I am always pointing out weird numbers on the odometers of our cars to my wife. She thinks I'm a little nuts (in a cute way of course).

Right now I'm waiting for my car to get to 165561. That's km's by the way. Only a few hundred left!!

No I didn't stop but I did try taking a picture with my phone but the flash made it too bright and I couldn't see it. :( Bummer Ram. My wife and I had a saturn that was hit by an SUV. It was all in pieces but was able to be repaired-good as new with the Volvo technology. I drive a Toyota Alalon. I LOVE Toyota.

Toyotas are great vehicles! I would have gotten one if they had an AWD car but they didn't :[ But hubby loves his Tundra and it's close to or over 200k and runs like a charm.

Back on topic though.. Never really paid attention to my mileage in that way. :huh:

I am always pointing out weird numbers on the odometers of our cars to my wife. She thinks I'm a little nuts (in a cute way of course).

Right now I'm waiting for my car to get to 165561. That's km's by the way. Only a few hundred left!!

Why that number?

Sweet CM! I'd like 165561 too. I really like to see things like that but as I told somebody else-I like it when I see those type of things but if I miss it it doesn't mess up my life in ANY way. I like to play it up and that's about all. :)

Toyotas are great vehicles! I would have gotten one if they had an AWD car but they didn't :[ But hubby loves his Tundra and it's close to or over 200k and runs like a charm.

Back on topic though.. Never really paid attention to my mileage in that way. :huh:

If I get a truck it will likely be a Tundra if I can get a full crew cab and the bed is long enough to get wood. :)