Spoiler Alert - Holiday eating

pam

Have a healthy holiday - 50 Holiday Foods You Shouldn't Eat - Health.com

Of course the list has to come out every year of what foods to avoid. But darn it all. This list has so many of my favorites on it.

So if you don't want the guilt and would rather enjoy the ignorance..read on. My holiday has been spoiled. :lol:

Lists like this are misleading. You can have the treats and still be ok. Just balance what you eat and remember to exercise. I'm terrible at exercising. I'm better at balancing treats with healthy things .... but during the holidays I still indulge. I don't feel guilty about it though. :o

Eat a healthy snack of veggies before the party! :)

Lists like this are misleading. You can have the treats and still be ok. Just balance what you eat and remember to exercise. I'm terrible at exercising. I'm better at balancing treats with healthy things .... but during the holidays I still indulge. I don't feel guilty about it though. :o

Eat a healthy snack of veggies before the party! :)

Well I think the point of the list is to just let you know what you are looking at nutritionally so you can make informed decisions ( planning over the course of the day/week to adjust for it, making lighter versions, or deciding to indulge less with less frequency). I do agree the tone such lists tend to have is a certain 'exceeding your RDA is an instant heart attack/10lb weight gain/death' vibe without going into the important variable of frequency.

Of course the list has to come out every year of what foods to avoid. But darn it all. This list has so many of my favorites on it.

So if you don't want the guilt and would rather enjoy the ignorance..read on. My holiday has been spoiled. :lol:

I am going to read it and then go and try every one. Except the alcoholic ones or the coffee ones , they should add candied bacon to the list

Edited by Saldrin

Hey all the good stuff in life is either fattening, immoral, life threatening and/or messy :P