at least I wasn't nekkid

dahlia

I had to have a test done in our university hospital's radiology department. While I was waiting for the results, I kept wondering if one of our ward members was looking at the results, as we have a number of doctors and residents in the ward. The feeling was very strong, but I couldn't remember who was in radiology and I couldn't figure a way to ask the technician, "So, is the doctor LDS?"

Well, I finish up and am at the hospital entrance when I run into the husband of a friend, also heading out. I was kind of surprised to see him and casually mentioned that I'd had some work done in radiology; I wasn't thinking about his specialty. "Oh yeah, I saw those," he responded.

Oh. Yeah. Radiologist resident. Thank goodness all he saw were some black and white pictures. Considering the number of physicians and residents in the ward, I wonder if I'm going to have to start vetting my doctors. I really don't want to be in Sunday School with someone who's seen me in the altogether. :eek:

Considering the number of body parts doctors see on a daily basis I doubt they even think twice about what that person in their ward looks like without clothes on, even if they've seen them naked professionally. I imagine the titillation part of their job is not so exciting to them by the time they have left medical school.

Guest Anonymity

Yeah, I'm with the previous comments. I don't think you should worry. I understand the concern though, but to be honest there are easier ways for a man/woman to get off and get excited about seeing someone naked than to become a doctor. I think everything will be just fine. :)

Forget what the others have said....it's embarrassing!

I was on my mission and had been in the country for about 2 wks when I pinched a nerve in my neck. It was very painful and I couldn't work. The AP's picked up my companion and I and took us to a doctor at the "American" hospital (not an actual American hospital, but the most advanced hospital in the country). Despite my protestations, I was finally convinced to allow the doctor to give me an injection of something (my Bulgarian wasn't good enough and my pain level too high to know what he was injecting). And of course it had to go into my bum (the AP's left for that procedure).

About 3 months later, I walked into my new branch after I was transferred and lo! I saw the doctor there. I didn't know, but he was a member of the church! All I could think was "This man has seen my butt." I could never get over it to greet him or even look him in the eye. Way too embarrassed.

Forget what the others have said....it's embarrassing!

Exactly! I know they're trained; I wasn't even thinking about their titillation, but of my own embarrassment. I just don't want people I have one type of relationship with to see me another way, an unclothed way. I imagine all of my work colleagues have seen women's boobs before, but I don't want them seeing mine. Sorry, I'm just weird that way. :lol:

Guest Anonymity

And that's what makes you such a great person! haha You both make me laugh. haha It reminds me of always as a kid when having to go get a physical, I was like, "please mom! the doctor HAS to be a man!" I woulda died otherwise. hahaha

Yeah, I'm with the previous comments. I don't think you should worry. I understand the concern though, but to be honest there are easier ways for a man/woman to get off and get excited about seeing someone naked than to become a doctor. I think everything will be just fine. :)

Except maybe for a models personal doctor they probably see much more of the stuff no one wants to see... Ever.

Which id hazard to guess takes out the excitement pretty quick.

And id also guess that because they work with that sort of stuff all the time, that they arent going to be thinking much about it during sunday, or when they meet you perchance outside the clinic.

Edited by Blackmarch

I would think doctors have gotten used to seeing naked bodies as part of their profession that they don't picture a patient naked if they see them outside of their office, and that would include church. If a doctor happens to be a LDS bishop or other leader, it's more likely that he only focuses on his spiritual role when he's doing the duties of those positions.

I look at in the terms of odds....A doctor has probably 15 to 20 patients a day, sees me once in a while, the odds of him remember what I look like are pretty low.

HoosierGuy

I am pretty sure in most states it is illegal to discuss medical information with people outside the patients care providers.

I look at in the terms of odds....A doctor has probably 15 to 20 patients a day, sees me once in a while, the odds of him remember what I look like are pretty low.

HoosierGuy

I am pretty sure in most states it is illegal to discuss medical information with people outside the patients care providers.

It's actually illegal in all 50 states (it's a federal law).

We have a couple of doctors in our ward who work at the nearby hospital and clinic and they always give members or our ward the option of meeting with another doctor.

This would be fine by me. I don't mind a radiologist, ophthalmologist, sports medicine, etc., but I'm not going to an OB-GYN in the ward (and we have them). Now, if the person was in another ward, I could live with that.

And folks, if you think doctors and lawyers don't talk about their patients/clients to family, you're wrong. They may not name names, but they certainly talk about their work, just like everyone else does at home.

I had to have a test done in our university hospital's radiology department. While I was waiting for the results, I kept wondering if one of our ward members was looking at the results, as we have a number of doctors and residents in the ward. The feeling was very strong, but I couldn't remember who was in radiology and I couldn't figure a way to ask the technician, "So, is the doctor LDS?"

Well, I finish up and am at the hospital entrance when I run into the husband of a friend, also heading out. I was kind of surprised to see him and casually mentioned that I'd had some work done in radiology; I wasn't thinking about his specialty. "Oh yeah, I saw those," he responded.

Oh. Yeah. Radiologist resident. Thank goodness all he saw were some black and white pictures. Considering the number of physicians and residents in the ward, I wonder if I'm going to have to start vetting my doctors. I really don't want to be in Sunday School with someone who's seen me in the altogether. :eek:

I had my HIPAA rights violated in a really egregious manner, so this is a hot button issue for me. I am not exactly sure, but I think his conduct was not good to say the least, and may have been illegal. At least I would not want to talk to my doc about my tests in the lobby.

Maybe it is just not worth getting emotional about, but I just had a flash of anger about it.