Mom defends infant with gun

Blocky

Poor lady. I hope she'll be ok. Sounds like she did everything right - but killing someone still will change someone's life.

I dislike the notion that you have to call someone for permission to defend your and your baby's life. It is not true.

I don't think she was calling for permission, but for help. The problem was that help wasn't coming fast enough.

Also, I don't think she was consciously asking in the sense that she was worried about legal ramifications. I think she was seeking moral support. The thought of killing another human is jarring, and I can understand why she would naturally second guess that impulse. Thankfully, the dispatcher was wise enough to communicate to her that it was the right impulse.

I heard on cnn in accordance with state law, the accomplice is being charged with first-degree murder. Something about in their state, if a murder is committed during the commission of certain crimes (in this case burglary), every person assisting in committing the crime can be charged with the murder, regardless of who pulled the trigger.

Man free on bail, days after Oklahoma woman kills alleged intruder's accomplice - CNN

Isn't it freaky, though, how calm she sounded on the 911 recording and in the interviews she did afterwards?

I don't know the whole situation and I definitely will pull the trigger if I'm trapped with my children in danger but I'd probably be crying and shaking like a leaf and wouldn't be fit for interviews for 10 years, but I just can't shake the feeling that 21 minutes is a long time to make a run for it... but, then, I really don't know the situation.

Now, this one: This is super crazy:

She did seem very calm but that is how some ppl are. You don't know how she is behind closed doors. I know many ppl that will keep it together in public and no one would know something is wrong but as soon as it's "safe" they fall apart. She had already been through the loss of her husband which takes a lot of effort to keep it together so she had some practice. We don't know what other life experiences she has had. Her ability to keep it together may very well be what saved their lives.

She did seem very calm but that is how some ppl are. You don't know how she is behind closed doors. I know many ppl that will keep it together in public and no one would know something is wrong but as soon as it's "safe" they fall apart. She had already been through the loss of her husband which takes a lot of effort to keep it together so she had some practice. We don't know what other life experiences she has had. Her ability to keep it together may very well be what saved their lives.

I agree. When I find myself in emotionally stressful situations (although I've never experienced *this* high of a stress) I tend to go into "auto-pilot" mode when out in public, or when dealing with my kids. You would never guess a single thing was wrong. But once I'm home and by myself? Whole different story.

And some don't really 'show' it behind closed doors either.

Edited by Dravin

Isn't it freaky, though, how calm she sounded on the 911 recording and in the interviews she did afterwards?

I don't know the whole situation and I definitely will pull the trigger if I'm trapped with my children in danger but I'd probably be crying and shaking like a leaf and wouldn't be fit for interviews for 10 years, but I just can't shake the feeling that 21 minutes is a long time to make a run for it... but, then, I really don't know the situation.

Now, this one: This is super crazy:

Not really. Facing a very life threatening situation doesnt always equal hysteria, especially if its something you believe you have little to nocontrol on the situation.

Not really. Facing a very life threatening situation doesnt always equal hysteria, especially if its something you believe you have little to nocontrol on the situation.

I don't mean hysteria... I mean serious, somber, grave. The interviews I saw of the girl was more blase. Like she just got off shooting somebody on Halo Wars and is telling her friends about it. But you're right - it's just my personal impression of her which, of course, is nothing more than just my opinion.

Cain is not a candidate anymore, so I should be able to talk about him now, right? Anyway, there was this girl who was trying telling the media about how Cain sexually harassed her and she had that same aura of being blase about it while talking to the press. She recounted things that happened that made me squirm (and I was just a listener) in a non-affected way that gave me the impression that she was talking about a memorable night of fun times with her friends.

I don't mean hysteria... I mean serious, somber, grave. The interviews I saw of the girl was more blase. Like she just got off shooting somebody on Halo Wars and is telling her friends about it. But you're right - it's just my personal impression of her which, of course, is nothing more than just my opinion.

The reason i'm not surprised by that aspect is because i've been in a situation where i was 99% sure i was going to die, and there was nothing i couuld about it.. and it was a very odd sensation, kind of a really weird dead calm feeling. ANd i kept waiting for the adrenaline panicy surge to hit afterwards, but it never really did.