I'm a WET MORMON !!!!!

Hala401

OK, wow, I was baptised on Sunday, 1/29/2011 at the Colonial Heights Ward, in Portland Oregon. Wow !!!! It was something that I never believed was going to happen until just a few days ago. WOW !

So now, when it seems like the weather has moderated, I think in late March, the two sisters that taught me when I was in Kirtland and I want to meet for Breakfast. After that, on my way home on Monday, I'd like to take a few, or several, hours to tour the Area around the Temple in Salt Lake. One of the first things I notice about the area around the Temple, Is there does not seem to be parking. OK, I do not mind walking; I even thought of brining my bike to ride around, and I can do it in a skirt, except I'm thinking that they probably don't allow bikes in the area and I respect that.

So, being freshly baptised what areas can I walk in? This is really exciting !!!

And to think I was Muslim less than one year ago !!!!

Thank you. I finally got home last night and went almost straight to bed and slept 10 hours, something I seldom do, and I feel really happy today, but as limp as a wet rag. Wow, such an emotional experience and wow, so many well wishers and wow, I hope that I can measure up. This isn't just a religion, but a whole intelectual culture, and so into... inclusive and now a calling and how do you all absorb it? :))

Baptised... Gwen Ellen Boucher

I always park under the Joseph Smith building. It's very easy. If you drive on south temple there is an underground parking lot where the entrance is basically in the middle of the street (it goes down a ramp). Then you just walk through the JS Building to all the things around there. Too many to mention here.

Welcome to the official Temple Square tourism site | Visit Temple Square

Restaurant Validated Parking | Restaurants | Temple Square Hospitality

And yes, the trax is free for the few blocks around the area. make sure you go to the Gateway Mall.

Posted Image

Note: The link says the lot is under construction, but gives alternatives.

Edited by bytebear

I always park under the Joseph Smith building. It's very easy. If you drive on south temple there is an underground parking lot where the entrance is basically in the middle of the street (it goes down a ramp). Then you just walk through the JS Building to all the things around there. Too many to mention here.

Welcome to the official Temple Square tourism site | Visit Temple Square

Restaurant Validated Parking | Restaurants | Temple Square Hospitality

And yes, the trax is free for the few blocks around the area. make sure you go to the Gateway Mall.

Posted Image

Note: The link says the lot is under construction, but gives alternatives.

Wow, I can hardly believe this is happening! Heavenly Father is being so kind and loving to me, I "scarce can take it in". I won't go into it, but just think of me as a person that was judged and rejected most of my life. It is imposible to express how this is all affecting me. Maybe someday, but not now.

Temple Square is within the fare-free zone.

But only if you are getting on Trax within the fare free zone. If you are getting on say in Sandy, it's not free just because you are going down to the fare free zone.

OK, wow, I was baptised on Sunday, 1/29/2011 at the Colonial Heights Ward, in Portland Oregon. Wow !!!! It was something that I never believed was going to happen until just a few days ago. WOW !

So now, when it seems like the weather has moderated, I think in late March, the two sisters that taught me when I was in Kirtland and I want to meet for Breakfast. After that, on my way home on Monday, I'd like to take a few, or several, hours to tour the Area around the Temple in Salt Lake. One of the first things I notice about the area around the Temple, Is there does not seem to be parking. OK, I do not mind walking; I even thought of brining my bike to ride around, and I can do it in a skirt, except I'm thinking that they probably don't allow bikes in the area and I respect that.

So, being freshly baptised what areas can I walk in? This is really exciting !!!

And to think I was Muslim less than one year ago !!!!

congratulations :D

Wahooo!!! That is wonderful!!! Know that you are loved and wanted!!!!

What a wonderful, wonderful day. A great beginning!

Thank you, and now I would like a calling; to be put to work; doing for others what so many have done for me! It all still rings in my soul! I feel like I have been rung like a bell, a happy one! :)

Gwen Ellen Boucher