Where to Meet a single Man

peachie

anatess has cousins. . .

I forgot to qualify... must be over 18! Can't sponsor a visa under that age, ya know. :D

Oh, forgot to qualify one more thing - must not be looking for return missionaries. I do not have any LDS cousins! :D

But in all seriousness...

My one and only advice on meeting potential boyfriends... don't look for one. Make lots of friends. Lots and lots of friends. And to do that - you'll need to be a good friend to people you meet - at the school, at church, at sporting events, at the local grocery store, at work... etc. etc. etc. Then when you have all these friends, you will find that one special one that is the bestest of all your bestest friends and a relationship just happens naturally.

True story from last weekend - it was my son's bday party - we held it at the beach. There were tons of people at the beach but we had a giant section of beach where our cabanas were spread out. A few people spread their beach blankets right where our cabanas were because of the lack of space. We just went ahead and included them in the party! Eating the food and drinking the drinks... and... there were several single guys with their surfboards that ended up playing soccer with my nephew. Instant friends!

I forgot to qualify... must be over 18! Can't sponsor a visa under that age, ya know. :D

Oh, forgot to qualify one more thing - must not be looking for return missionaries. I do not have any LDS cousins! :D

I have LDS cousins. Lots of them. Lots and lots and lots of them.

But I think they're all married. Wait, I do know of one attractive divorcèe. PM me if you're interested. Include a current photograph, age, height, weight, shoe size, past relationship history, current salary and all bank and investment statements, and at least three personal references.

peachie, since you are so young and really new to the dating scene, maybe it would be wise to join some older lds woman in a group discussion about what to expect from men since they are older, and have the experience of dealing with men, even if it is outside the church. They can teach you what should be appropriate behavior and what is not. Dating can be fun but you should not try and reinvent the dating wheel and take unexpected risk that latter in life can be regrettable.

Remember, Dating is like test driving a vehicle. But in this case, it is test driving a guy. You want to at least, be friends first. This is what makes marriages last a very long time and one of the core reasons why marriges last a long time. If I were you, Google the key words "what make marriges work"

Best of luck.

Edited by bcguy

Remember, Dating is like test driving a vehicle. But in this case, it is test driving a guy. You want to at least, be friends first. This is what makes marriages last a very long time and one of the core reasons why marriges last a long time. If I were you, Google the key words "what make marriges work"

Best of luck.

Dating friends is for nerds!

I'd recommend Peaches find the hottest guy she can and go on a crazy NCMO session. :mad:

That's the foundation of a good marriage! Two people who are madly attracted to one another who realize that when the steam runs out, they still have the gospel to turn to - And then they will turn that steam knob up to an 11.

*munches on popcorn and waits.*

Dating friends is for nerds!

I'd recommend Peaches find the hottest guy she can and go on a crazy NCMO session. :mad:

That's the foundation of a good marriage! Two people who are madly attracted to one another who realize that when the steam runs out, they still have the gospel to turn to - And then they will turn that steam knob up to an 11.

*munches on popcorn and waits.*

Where have you been, Funky? So you go leave us for a spell then come back to stir up trouble? What's up with that?

Here... you need this: :popcorn:

;)

Where have you been, Funky? So you go leave us for a spell then come back to stir up trouble? What's up with that?

Here... you need this: :popcorn:

;)

I haven't been gone! The boards have just been a little slower lately.

I have also learned a wonderful new pastime: "Going on to UK's number one property website for properties for sale and to rent and looking at real estate I will never be able to afford". It's seriously amazing, Ana. I'm looking at apartments that are around $150 million at One Hyde Park and thinking, 'Pfft. I'm not dropping a sixth of a billion dollars on that place. I'd rather live in Portsmouth.'.

I bet you and your hubby have done that. It's compelling stuff when you realize what you would live in if you had unlimited money. Helps you decide what stuff you really want in your home.

I also learned I really, really like reading Country Life.

Some suggestions:

Singles Ward

Sporting Events

School

Bar

Mission

Online forums in areas of interest to you

Note that depending on the source you use, your results may vary.

-RM

I wouldn't recommend a bar as a place to meet eligible men to anyone, much less to a member of the church.

Unless, of course, that's the lifestyle one seeks...hanging out in bars...

I wouldn't recommend a bar as a place to meet eligible men to anyone, much less to a member of the church.

Unless, of course, that's the lifestyle one seeks...hanging out in bars...

I agree with you Leah. I did try to qualify it by saying your results would vary depending on the route you choose. Although I do have more than a few former students that have been married for a number of years, quite happily I might add, that met in the local bars around campus. None are members however.

All kidding aside, I find that most people have the best success at meeting "soul mates" when they aren't trying.

My wife and I were both serving our missions when we met and neither one of us was looking for that at the time. We talked to our mission president so that we could get moved away from each other. Once I was released he encouraged me to write her while she finished her mission. 6 months after her return home we were married, and that was more years ago than I care to remember.

My advice generally, is stop looking, and start living. Do the things that you enjoy...whether that is sports or bar hopping, if you do the things that you enjoy you will likely find yourself around others that like the same things, and your relationship can grow from there.

-RM