thebestmeicanbe is ready and willing to listen

thebestmeicanb

This is the advice forum. You just want us to give you randome advice?

1. floss your teeth regularly.

2. Say please and thank you.

3. Please wear clean socks each day.

4. Put down the donut and pick up a carrot.

5. That shirt doesn't do you any favors.

I need some advice. How do you handle someone that says that we can talk about anything we want but at the same time says "If it's something they don't want to talk about, they will let us know?"

Hidden

When you see stars, that isn't all they are.

The truth isn't as scary as you think it is.

To quote a favorite movie, "Most people are jankholes, but I believe there are purists out there." No matter what your past, you can become the latter.

And, of course, my signature -- "There's no sense in nonsense, especially when the heat gets hot."

Don't waste your awesomeness on empty things. It's a rare gift.

That is all.

Dear thebestmeicanb,

People refuse to use the subjunctive mood in clearly mandative and counterfactual situations. Every time I hear someone say "If I was you" or hear the sentiment "I wish common sense was more common", I have an overpowering desire to throttle that person. So in such a situation, is killing someone considered murder, or something more like self-defense?

Sincerely,

Not In The (Subjunctive) Mood

I have the Charlie Brown theme song running through my head... But instead of Lucy sitting with "The doctor is in" lemonade stand style clinic... I have Calvin from Calvin & Hobbes visualized instead. Huh.

Huh.

Can't imagine why.

Dooooooo dah do doodoo dah dooo, do! Dooooooo dah do!

That depends on what you say. Here on this forum, the person making an accusation or a "statement of fact" has the burden of proof.

You can personally believe what you want... but if you make a case for a group of people that is contrary to common knowledge, be prepared to back it up.

for instance one thing i will not discuss in here is the need for me to defend what i believe or the need that i give proof that what i believe is true (as has been the case in other chat rooms in the past) .

Well let me say one thing about that. Anyone that states something as fact especially regarding doctrine has the burden of proof. And they will be asked.

I see Skippy beat me to that..but since I had put my manager hat on..I'm just backing up what Skippy says.

Edited by pam

• 1 month later...

I'm not the only one that doesn't like doing laundry and dishes, but my family needs clothes and food, so I do it. On my better days, I do it in the spirit of love and service.

Church is about worship and renewing covenants, then service in the Lord's kingdom. Everything else is peripheral.