If you're a Calvin and Hobbes fan:

Jenamarie

One of the great tragedies of the last part of the 20th century, was that the Calvin and Hobbes guy didn't defend his tradema- wait - is that SUZIE? No way!

Never mind. If the PantsAreOverrated guy would oblige and revive the story, that would almost makes up for two decades of dudes urinating on trucks.

Edited by Loudmouth_Mormon

Does anyone else remember the furor C&H created when it first came out? The GROSS (Get Rid Of Slimy girlS) club ticked off the feminists. People on both sides of the medication debate hated Calvin's parents. Kid safety enthusaists hated all the dangerous stuff he'd do.

I miss C&H, and every year or two I re-read all the books and rediscover how wonderful they are.

Does anyone else remember the furor C&H created when it first came out? The GROSS (Get Rid Of Slimy girlS) club ticked off the feminists. People on both sides of the medication debate hated Calvin's parents. Kid safety enthusaists hated all the dangerous stuff he'd do.

I miss C&H, and every year or two I re-read all the books and rediscover how wonderful they are.

And stuffed tigers found it to be a specist caricature amalgamating plush toys with imaginary friends.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally love Calvin and Hobbes. I bought loads of their books, but I'm not sure where any of them are now.

One of my favourite storylines was when Calvin, standing at the bus stop, realises he's "forgotten" his insect collection which is due that morning. Susie tells him to rush home and get it, but instead Calvin starts running around frantically catching insects. "You forgot it completely??" she yells "It's all we've been doing in class for weeks!" By the time they reach school Calvin has a pocketful of squashed bugs and a bit of fluff that "looks like a bug", and begs Susie to help him think up "scientific names" for them.

And who can forget when Calvin decides to "secede" from the family and emigrate with Hobbes to the Yukon? He eventually returns home saying "Hobbs was being such a jerk!" But then Hobbes fails to return home, and Mom sends Dad out to search for him...

Totally wonderful!

Edited by Jamie123