Anyone else sleep through Sacrament?

BadWolf

I feel 2 inches tall.

I've overslept the past TWO Sundays.

We just switched from 1pm meeting time to 9am meeting time.

I get up at 730 M-Fri

I get up at 430 Sat

Sun?

Was my day to sleep until 10.

Last week (first 9am shift)... I didn't even have clothes ironed. Because I "do" that Sunday. Ditto hair washing, etc. So when I woke up at 10 (totally shutting off my alarm!), there was just no way it was gonna happen.

This week I was 'ready'. Clothes pressed, washed & dried my hair the night before...

And woke up at 1045.

Grrrr.

Stupid time shift, with it stupid stupidness.

((Yes. I totally blame myself.))

Sigh.

Anyone else totally mess up? I know most don't... But it takes me WEEKS to groove a new routine.

X_x zzzzZzzzzZZZZZZ

Boooooo....

Hidden

One of my grandparents sleeps through sacarment quite often.

Personally, I have a hard time getting up early. I have not slept through sacrament but I have missed it due to not getting up early enough. I need to be better about getting up earlier. So yes, I have totally messed up.

Time shifts are an adjustment.

We just switched to 9, after a year of 11:30. On top of that, I'm on break from school, stay up til 2 and get up at 9 or 10 most days.

The first Sunday after the switch, I decided to take a break. Last Sunday I put my clothes out the night before, set the alarm - and promptly turned it off and rolled over when it went off on Sunday morning. I rationalized all this by saying half the ward is back in Utah for Christmas break; I can take a break, too.

I made it today. I tried to go to bed earlier, but I just couldn't sleep and ended up going at the regular time. I'll get used to it, but yeah, I've slept through Sacrament.

Guest LiterateParakeet

I wonder if there have ever been any talks given in Sacrament whereby, given how hectic and relentless our lives often are, sleeping through them might seem to be a better use of the time than listening to them?

LOL, I wonder. . .

I work graveyard. I get off work, hurry home, change clothes and go to church. We went from 9 am to 9 am. (We didn't change meeting times because we changed buildings.) Countless times I have put my head on my husband's shoulder and slept through Sacrament meeting.

Whether it was a better use of my time or not is subjective. :D

We just switched to 12:30. My husband slept through sacrament just the same. He got called into work the night before.

Even so, he sometimes sleeps through sacrament even if he comes. He tends to push himself to exhaustion that anytime he sits down long enough there's a possibility he will fall asleep.

Sign of the times. oops! Guess I said that once already today.

However so much of the battle of faith is due to that.

Staying awake during sermons (some dry, some good), communion, long prayers.....

Even when our friends need a shoulder to lean on, it becomes weary sometimes.

Just need more of jolt to our faith to help us realize the shortness of the time.

Revive us dear Lord.

We just switched to 12:30. My husband slept through sacrament just the same. He got called into work the night before.

Even so, he sometimes sleeps through sacrament even if he comes. He tends to push himself to exhaustion that anytime he sits down long enough there's a possibility he will fall asleep.

Sounds like my hubby. :( Poor guys. We're blessed to be married to good ones who do whatever it takes to take care of their families. I'm sure that in light of that Heavenly Father doesn't mind them getting a little rest at church. ;)

Hidden

My dad always said he was not sleeping he was focusing...blocking out everything but the speakers voice and it was easier to do with his eyes closed

If that is his story... just kidding :)

Interesting. I could see how that might be easier.

Sounds like my hubby. :( Poor guys. We're blessed to be married to good ones who do whatever it takes to take care of their families. I'm sure that in light of that Heavenly Father doesn't mind them getting a little rest at church. ;)

He's this army/ranch boy who doesn't believe in rest or something like that. He's learning to balance. Priesthood is better for him because he has more interaction.

I sometimes sleep through sacrament meeting too, but then my wife nudges me and wakes me up. :)

I've tried telling her that if her first meeting on Sundays started at 6:30 AM that she would feel like sleeping too...but she still continues to nudge me if my head starts to bob around.

On another note we are are going on year two of 9:00 AM church, but sacrament is last so people are only coming in late for Priesthood & Relief Society.