Caffeine?

Chrissy3818

Anything with large amounts of caffeine can be habit forming. Plus the fact that just the stuff in sodas is really not the best for you. Like Vort..this is coming from a huge Mt. Dew drinker. Believe me..I know what the headaches are like trying to take myself off of the stuff.

Why would it not be a good idea? (in your opinion of course)

Soda pop is sugar water. It makes you fat and rots your teeth, with no nutritional benefit. Caffeinated beverages are habit-forming, give you headaches when you try to go off them, and are just all around bad news. Drinking caffeinated soda pop is, um, how can I put this delicately, stupid.

Wait! Does this mean I, Vort, am doing something stupid when *I* drink Mountain Dew?

Yes.

I love that this and the Pepsi thread went up within five hours of each other.

Mine may or may not have been inspired by this thread. :huh:

I imagine if such was the case the marketing team would find some way to tout that it contains fruit juice.

You are probably right, everybody will tout some semblance of being a natural drink if it's at all possible.

I've said this before, the elders have frequently requested that I buy Mountain Dew when I am buying them stuff. I have also seen them in the store, and heard them talk about, energy drinks, which I assume get that way from caffeine.

I would hope that elders are living a good life while on their mission, not lying to investigators, and not doing what they shouldn't, hence, if they shouldn't have caffeine drinks, then why do they have them? It may not be the best choice, but it sure is a choice they are making.

dahlia, that's between the elders and their mission president. Many mission presidents don't make rules about things like caffeinated soda pop, but some do. I hope they are following the mission rules even in small things.

Wait! Does this mean I, Vort, am doing something stupid when *I* drink Mountain Dew?

Yes.

Seriously, you guys are killing me here...:lol::lol:

I will just press my pretend laugh button. You know, like the "That Was Easy" button from Staples. LOL

The secretary at the school used to have one. She doesn't have it on her desk any more. I think she got tired of me pushing it (and laughing) every time I went by her desk. :D

Yes, the tools in my shed aren't very sharp.

There are three threads that I could post this on. This one, the Pepsi thread, and the Chocolate Craving thread. Here goes...

Did you know that Midol and migraine relief medicine have caffeine?

Hubby knows, that when I ask him to bring home chocolate or cola, that it is time to tread carefully around me. :lol: This happens 12 times a year. HA HA

If caffeine keeps him from being thrust out from the tent and into the wilderness, then so be it! (see the thread "An Angry and Contentious Woman", if you don't know what I am talking about! LOL)

OK, those with a history of controversial LDS history help me on this one (leave it to me to merge the caffeinated drinks thread with history): Is it true that BYU-ID (before it became that...Ricks College, I believe) did not allow soda pop to be sold to students on campus, but that professors had it in their lounge?

P.S. I am well aware that trafficking in rumors is unseemly, and am repenting even as I post. :-)