Sugar House residents, relieved?

Bini

I am appalled at 1) the sheer effrontery of it, and 2) that they had to actually consider it before bouncing them out of town on their heads.

I kind of had it pictured like this.

Council: We have an offer to pay us a large amount of money to change the name of our city to sugardaddy.com. All in favor raise your hands. (none) All opposed (all hands raised)

Okay we're done

And yet look at all the free publicity that company got from making an offer they knew would be refused, and now we're still talking about it. It was a great free publicity stunt, and now there will be a few more old rich guys and young gold digger chicks checking out their site from all that free advertising.

Well, money is money!

Yeah- but $1.35 million? For ten years? The article specified that the requirement required that all of the streetsigns, letterhead, etc. would need to be changed and that a ceremony presenting them with a key to the city would be required.

I seriously doubt the $1.35 mil would cover the costs the town would be incurring, let alone making it "worth their while".

Call me unsubtle, but I've got very specific ideas about where they could put said key.

I kind of had it pictured like this.

Council: We have an offer to pay us a large amount of money to change the name of our city to sugardaddy.com. All in favor raise your hands. (none) All opposed (all hands raised)

Okay we're done

I am inclined to agree- but that's still three whole minutes that could've been spent on something more relevant: like outlawing nuclear weapons inside city limits.

And yet look at all the free publicity that company got from making an offer they knew would be refused, and now we're still talking about it. It was a great free publicity stunt, and now there will be a few more old rich guys and young gold digger chicks checking out their site from all that free advertising.

And I think this is the fundamental truth of the matter.

It was never a serious offer- only a cheap publicity stunt- and a waste of taxpayer time and money to even consider.

Of course, if you're going to exploit women for sex, why not exploit the taxpayer, too.

Heck, Congress does it- why not sugardaddy.com?

• 2 weeks later...