Every Hair on the Head (and chin?) Will Be Restored

MorningStar

I was just talking to some other aging friends about the woes of getting older, especially chin hair, long white eyebrows that seem to appear out of nowhere, weight gain, etc.

I said, "That scripture that says every hair on the head will be restored at the resurrection, does that include chin hair? I hope not. Oh, and fat cells."

I just posted it here in case anyone feels the urge to laugh.

Do you think we will look perfect in the resurrection or will we be in such a perfect state of mind that we can look past people's unsightly long nose hairs?

I am thinking all my friends, who are women, won't have to worry about writing about their "saddle bags" anymore.

I don't believe any of us will jiggle or shake when we walk. I don't believe any man will look like Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime (sorry ladies -- you can cry when you are alone tonight).

I am sorry women, our resurrection will not be a cure for cankles., and for men, I am really sorry if you have cankles. :P

And to quote Morningstar:

I was kinda hoping I got to pick and choose which "hairs" I got to keep. Every hair on the head that I desire to be restored.

I also have to admit though I'm looking forward to my husband getting his hair back I really don't want to spend eternity kissing cousin it.

Which now has me wondering, do I even get a say? It seems fair that I should decide what I look like and what my husband looks like for eternity, right? lol

One of the sweetest things my husband has said to me is that he hopes I get to keep some of my stretch marks, because they are like earned souvenirs of everything I went through to bring our children into the world. He's not one to say things unless he really means them, so that made it more special.

I'll keep a couple if I don't have to keep my mama pooch.

Regarding perfection in the post mortal life.. Physical perfection is in the eye of the beholder. For example, what is considered beauty among mainstream society, isn't going to be the same for a tribe on a faraway island. In my neck of the woods, ladies generally desire to be a certain size and the more petite you are, the better. In some places, the rounder the woman, the more beautiful. So I'd imagine that we're not going to look like we're all 18 with an ideal body (whatever our society deems ideal) but we're going to be whole - our mind and body will be in perfect harmony with our spirit. I think that's perfection. But we'll all still be different body sizes, have unique looks, and maintain quirks all our own that make us, us!

Regarding perfection in the post mortal life.. Physical perfection is in the eye of the beholder. For example, what is considered beauty among mainstream society, isn't going to be the same for a tribe on a faraway island. In my neck of the woods, ladies generally desire to be a certain size and the more petite you are, the better. In some places, the rounder the woman, the more beautiful. So I'd imagine that we're not going to look like we're all 18 with an ideal body (whatever our society deems ideal) but we're going to be whole - our mind and body will be in perfect harmony with our spirit. I think that's perfection. But we'll all still be different body sizes, have unique looks, and maintain quirks all our own that make us, us!

I know this is not a popular view and I realize that this thread was started for "laughs" but the gospel discussion is kinda dry these days so I have to jump over here to the general discussion .... I disagree about this idea of "perfection". I believe God knows what perfection is and that is what He formed in the Garden of Eden. Because of the Fall, all of our bodies start out with corruption and imperfections from birth. There doesn't have to be a guess as to what is or isn't perfection or say that it is in the "eye of the beholder" because God already designated what is perfection in Adam and Eve. If we are to take the idea of restoration seriously then what is being restored are the things that resulted from the Fall. In other words, the condition of our body will be like it was before the Fall. As far as I know, God only made one man and one woman. He did not make a variety of them, at least we are not told so. I suppose there will be those that don't have an "eye" single to His "eye" and therefore will behold some other beauty, but there is a place for that, as one star differs from another.

I know this is not a popular view and I realize that this thread was started for "laughs" but the gospel discussion is kinda dry these days so I have to jump over here to the general discussion .... I disagree about this idea of "perfection". I believe God knows what perfection is and that is what He formed in the Garden of Eden. Because of the Fall, all of our bodies start out with corruption and imperfections from birth. There doesn't have to be a guess as to what is or isn't perfection or say that it is in the "eye of the beholder" because God already designated what is perfection in Adam and Eve. If we are to take the idea of restoration seriously then what is being restored are the things that resulted from the Fall. In other words, the condition of our body will be like it was before the Fall. As far as I know, God only made one man and one woman. He did not make a variety of them, at least we are not told so. I suppose there will be those that don't have an "eye" single to His "eye" and therefore will behold some other beauty, but there is a place for that, as one star differs from another.

That was my point.

Everyone has their own vision of what beauty is. I believe that the closes we can comprehend "perfection" is that God will see us all "whole". One's mind and body will be in perfect sync with his or her spirit.

Chin hair is not a problem, its the ear hair that gets me, why does that have to start growing when you hit your 50's?

When Adam started going deaf in middle age, he prayed that God would make his ears to hear. But God misunderstood and thought he said "to hair", shrugged, and granted his petition.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that in the afterlife (or whatever) all men will have beards. It's natural. Shaving the face every morning is just irrational, unnatural, and foolish.

When I was seven, we had in Utah, the centennial (1947). There was a statewide beard growing contest. My father, my uncles, my grandfather, all the males in the ward grew beards. And after the 24th of July they shaved them off. I was struck by how much better they had all looked with the beards and decided then to not shave in my lifetime.

Yep: that beard I have now was started in 1947.

I was just talking to some other aging friends about the woes of getting older, especially chin hair, long white eyebrows that seem to appear out of nowhere, weight gain, etc.

I said, "That scripture that says every hair on the head will be restored at the resurrection, does that include chin hair? I hope not. Oh, and fat cells."

Do you think we will look perfect in the resurrection or will we be in such a perfect state of mind that we can look past people's unsightly long nose hairs?

too funny,but dont worry your still young..:lol:

Edited by Roseslipper

Regarding perfection in the post mortal life.. Physical perfection is in the eye of the beholder.

Exactly, and I would be willing to bet (except that, what would we bet that we would still have when it's time to find out?) that a lot of being "perfected" is simply gaining the ability to see yourself as those who love you most see you.