What Professional Sports Games Have You Been To?

EarlJibbs

I thought it would be fun to hear what professional sporting events you all have been to. My list is short. I live in Utah, so Jazz games are common.

I purchased tickets to go see the Dodgers play in LA next week and I am very excited.

Sister Vort took me to a Sonics-Jazz basketball game ten or fifteen years ago for a birthday present. We've also been to a handful of Mariners baseball games, primarily due to my status as a Weber State University alumnus. I believe that's it for pro sports.

being Canadian, hockey

I would love to go to a professional hockey game. One of my favorite things to come out of Canada... Hockey!

I did a quick search on Hockey in Canada, is your league the IHL? Or is the NHL simply united in both countries and considered a multi national league?

I would love to go to a professional hockey game. One of my favorite things to come out of Canada... Hockey!

I did a quick search on Hockey in Canada, is your league the IHL? Or is the NHL simply united in both countries and considered a multi national league?

its the NHL here too, even if we have like... 7 teams out of who knows how many (or if you live in Quebec, LNH...cause French)

there's a few minor Canadian leagues like the OHL-been to those too

being Canadian I played it alot as a kid, I was always the goalie because I couldn't run or skate fast. I also never wore a helmet of any kind, and playing it again for fun as an adult (and having to wear a helmet) gives it a challenge I'll say:lol:

But the injuries I could have had... wooden sticks were cheaper then plastic, so everyone usually always had wood...I did make a cup out of an old elbow pad, and later, much later got a jason style mask, though I'd only wear it on ice.

I've seen the Portland Timbers, Blazers, Mariners, SeaHawks/49ers, Winterhawks, Sonics, Thunderbirds.

I think the most fun I had was at the Sonics game but I was with my bro and had seats on the floor. I'm not a basketball or team sport fan really but it was a fun experience.

The NHL started in Canada, we just let you play in our league.:D cause we're good neighbours, and so polite and all, eh?

I've been to professional hockey and football (CFL) games. I have also watched many kids hockey games since my son started playing community league when he was 4. I prefer the little guys, they're adorable zooming around like pint-sized Wayne Gretzky's.

I am happy to see so many hockey fans here! We are crazed hockey fans in our home. We love our Blackhawks and our AHL team, the Wolves! We have been to baseball games, but it seemed like torture. You can read a book, do some crocheting, visit with everyone, and play a game of Monopoly in between interesting parts of a baseball game.

Mariners, Sonics, Sounders, Heat...and a whole slew of Olympic events during the Seoul '88 games (hey, for some sports, the Olympics are the top event). I've also been on I-5 going North from SeaTac to Lake Stevens during rush hour (actually 2.5 hours). That should count.

I am happy to see so many hockey fans here! We are crazed hockey fans in our home. We love our Blackhawks and our AHL team, the Wolves! We have been to baseball games, but it seemed like torture. You can read a book, do some crocheting, visit with everyone, and play a game of Monopoly in between interesting parts of a baseball game.

this is my first playoff season outside Ottawa... and Toronto is closer:huh:

so... normally I'd route for the Canadiens...but they are facing Ottawa in the first round...

so I'll stay loyal to my home team despite not being at home

this is my first playoff season outside Ottawa... and Toronto is closer:huh:

so... normally I'd route for the Canadiens...but they are facing Ottawa in the first round...

so I'll stay loyal to my home team despite not being at home

It's nice to have the option of staying loyal to your home team in the playoffs, mine doesn't like to go to the playoffs, maybe the golfing is too good around here lol.

It's nice to have the option of staying loyal to your home team in the playoffs, mine doesn't like to go to the playoffs, maybe the golfing is too good around here lol.

Ottawa hasn't won a cup since the late 1920s lol

only Vancouver and Winnipeg haven't won one yet

and Ottawa has been playing poorly in the past few years, very poorly:mad:

I have been to many many St Louis Cardinal baseball games and St louis Blues hockey games and St Louis Rams football games and when we had a Indoor Soccer team went to several of those games. Never have been to a NBA game. Did go to a Nascar Race in Atlanta Georgia a few yrs ago.

It's been years since I've been to an NHL game. Last year I went to a WHL (hockey) game and I just might go again this year. Edmonton Oil Kings have advanced to the finals against the Portland Winterhawks. And last fall I went to a Atlanta Falcons game in Atlanta (Georgia Dome) - RISE UP!!!.

M.

Edmonton Oil Kings have advanced to the finals against the Portland Winterhawks.

M.

Sure, rub it in, the Hitmen were our last hope :lol: WHL is an excellent league, we didn't even really miss the NHL during their strike, those kids play with a lot of heart.

yeah the minor leagues seem to try a lot more

lot more fights if anything

I haven't seen an NHL game live, but I've noticed a lot more fighting in our little ECHL team than what I've glimpsed of the NHL on TV. I believe there is some controversy over fighting in hockey isn't there?

I haven't seen an NHL game live, but I've noticed a lot more fighting in our little ECHL team than what I've glimpsed of the NHL on TV. I believe there is some controversy over fighting in hockey isn't there?

yes and no... no one really minds much in the minor leagues, in the NHL these players make millions and don't want to miss days or weeks over a broken nose or what not.

There are some but... I've never heard any Canadian say them... well and be taken at all seriously anyways

Sure, rub it in, the Hitmen were our last hope :lol: WHL is an excellent league, we didn't even really miss the NHL during their strike, those kids play with a lot of heart.

Yes, I agree, they are exciting to watch. The Oil Kings' goalie, LB, is moving onto the NHL and becoming a Calgary Flames.

M.

So long as you don't cheer for the Canucks.

if they make it to the finals vs an American team... the Canadian in me has to cheer for them- but as it stands right now I have more reason to cheer for the other 3 teams in the play offs (Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto)