Life's tough questions. . .

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do paired socks come out single out of the washing machine?

(my no-pair-socks basket has overflowed and I was deciding whether to use a bigger basket or just dump the lot in the trash).

Why do paired socks come out single out of the washing machine?

(my no-pair-socks basket has overflowed and I was deciding whether to use a bigger basket or just dump the lot in the trash).

some socks make good rags. it depends what they are made from. You just slice them from the top to the toe. Don't throw out the ones without mates if they are absorbent or lint free.

Why do women (especially wives and girlfriends) always say "it's no big deal" in a tone which implies that it quite obviously is?

Why do cats loiter around the front door wanting to go out, and when you open the door for them they expect you to stand there holding it for ages while they make their minds up?

Why whenever I look at the clock does it nearly always say 11:11? (Other people have noticed this phenomonen too - try searching Google.)

When you're a kid at school, and the teacher catches you doing something you shouldn't (like jumping up and down on the table) they ask "Would you do that at home?" If you answer "No" they reply "Well don't do it here either" and if you answer "Yes" they say "Well don't do it here!" What is the point of the question?

Why do some women wear short skirts and sit facing you without crossing their legs? Since you must not - even accidentally - look towards their crotch region, this imposes a conscious burden on your eye movements. They must know how uncomfortable this is!

Why do London teenagers always append the word "innit" to every sentence?

on a 24/7 store, you know - if it's open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (like some pharmaceuticals are required to be etc.) They shouldn't need locks on the doors. If a store advertises that they are "always open" - I check the door to see if it can be locked - if it can, then I suspect that the sign is a lie.... perhaps I'm just strange that way :)

However, there are sometimes emergencies or situations that require them to close and lock their doors. Natural disasters would require them to lock their doors. Even stores that advertise 24/7 do sometimes close for days such as Thanksgiving and Christmas to allow their employees time with their families. That requires there be a lock on the door.

I've worked at a store that was 24/7. Power went out in our area for almost 4 hours. We had to temporarily close down because of it. That required that we lock the doors. When I lived in Hawaii, a local convenience store within military housing that was open 24/7 had to close and lock their doors because of a hurricane coming in.

So it really isn't far fetched to find that a store that is normally open 24/7 to have a lock on their door.

Because when you stop touching the antenna and leave the area, you change the capacitance and thus the "tuning" of the antenna.

It's comforting that at least some of life's tough questions have actual answers.

Hmmm,...

The same principle seems to apply to some of my posts.

It reads smart, thoughtful, logical, clear and funny too, when I write it.

....when I log off the post is none of the above. :exclam:

Hmmm,...

The same principle seems to apply to some of my posts.

It reads smart, thoughtful, logical, clear and funny too, when I write it.

....when I log off the post is none of the above. :exclam:

You know, when I changed my avatar pic from Gangster Guy:

Posted Image

to Icelandic chick:

Posted Image

it was truly amazing to see how people responded to me differently. Not that Dr. Smith evokes responses as bad as Gangster Guy -- I personally think they're both hilarious -- but it is in fact very interesting that people will associate you with your avatar.

Posted Image

to Icelandic chick:

Posted Image

it was truly amazing to see how people responded to me differently. Not that Dr. Smith evokes responses as bad as Gangster Guy -- I personally think they're both hilarious -- but it is in fact very interesting that people will associate you with your avatar.

Hmmmmm.... what does my avatar say about me?

Posted Image

to Icelandic chick:

Posted Image

Yep, I thought you were a woman until I read one of your posts specifying you were a man. :eek:

Will sailboats be important in Heaven? Or Yarn for that matter? :D

Applepansy, I believe the scriptures mention the earth in its Celestial glory described as a "sea of glass" -- liquid glass. In light of my perfect interpretation of scripture...yes sailboats are important in Heaven. :D

Applepansy, I believe the scriptures mention the earth in its Celestial glory described as a "sea of glass" -- liquid glass. In light of my perfect interpretation of scripture...yes sailboats are important in Heaven. :D

Good... that must mean I will still be able to Knit! Abd add to my Yarn Stash :D