What is everyone doing durring the day? (Outside of working)

diane9986

I'd love getting into my family history if I felt I had more time. I probably do. . . but it gets interrupted by kids.

I play piano, I'm trying to garden, in the fall I can fruit. When I was in your position I looked for opportunities to serve those that didn't have the time or energy I did.

Now that I have kids, I'm finding it's important to keep up with those things, but in balance. That's tough. The last year or so I've taken up working out and going out with girlfriends at least once or twice a month. It helps the sanity. :)

Your situation might be a blessing or a curse depending on how you look at it. I think I'd go bonkers too being stuck at home and with no kiddos to tend to.. But there's always things to do. You could get into a craft or art project, try photography, or hit the recreational centre and get some exercise - that'll stimulate your mind too, not just your body. How about cooking or baking, trying new recipes? There's always volunteer work too.

during my stinge of unemployment I engaged in several things, walking, taking outside pictures of the dolls, prior to my job beginning I went to an open meetinghouse and then to the church for church the next day.

I have lots of little hobbies, painting things, magic the gathering, watching awful movies and/or anime... its a hoot

now I pick corn

Reading, gaming, TV, and when the weather is nice, landscaping. These would be my hobbies I can do when I'm just staying home for the most part.

I bet this is a quality that sealed the deal for Beefche.

I bet this is a quality that sealed the deal for Beefche.

She's kinda meh on the landscaping as long as everything is mowed and trimmed and the like. I also like gardening when we're talking edible landscaping rather than your traditional rows of vegetables.

Edited by Dravin

If you love animals you could donate hours volunteering at a shelter or work with a rescue group like PAWS. I used to be a PAWS worker and loved it. We did charity events, obedience training, information booths and walks for animal welfare. I learned so much.

is there any reason you don't go get a job?

i have chronic epilepsy and i am on disability so i can't work right now, or drive, and we live in an apartment with no landing so no planing or landscaping or going to a gym.... I have a tread-climber for working out, i am really looking for hobbies i can do at home alone.....

And i am so not an introvert.... I hate being alone!!!!!!!!

i have chronic epilepsy and i am on disability so i can't work right now, or drive, and we live in an apartment with no landing so no planing or landscaping or going to a gym.... I have a tread-climber for working out, i am really looking for hobbies i can do at home alone.....

I suggest something like writing stories or painting, I have miniature soldiers but also paint on paper and canvas

That makes sense, then.

You can still garden, though! There are lots of options/ideas out there for container gardening.

When I became disabled (vision) I had a really bad time of it. I had always worked hard and kept myself busy and suddenly I couldn't read, watch tv, drive, play sports, etc. My kids were already at school and I literally had nothing to do.

I went through what I suspect was depression and put on heaps of weight.

After finally coming to terms with it, learning how to manage my disability and realising I have a lot to be grateful for - especially the fact that I am not completely blind, I have a few things I can do and enjoy.

I spend a lot of time on the internet, learning and interacting with people. I took up a sport that does not require me to be able to see - indoor rowing - I train most days and I compete as well. I have learnt how to be a better mother and wife.

I feel that my family is blessed because of my disability - I have more time to spend with children and husband and to support them.

You could get a job...pursue a career:eek:

Why? Seriously, why is it expected that someone who has sufficient income has to have a job/career? If one's spouse makes sufficient income for the family, then why does the other spouse have to have a job?

Why? Seriously, why is it expected that someone who has sufficient income has to have a job/career? If one's spouse makes sufficient income for the family, then why does the other spouse have to have a job?

Personal development? If the spouse dies ...might be nice to be able to provide for one's own support or if your spouse became disabled through accident or illness to help the family.

Edited by bytor2112