Friday The 13th

Dr T

Today is Friday the 13th. So what? I don't give it a second thought but on MSN today it covered fears of people especially on this day. I'm curious what everyone's fears, big and small, if any, are.

I don't give it a second thought unless there is something of real importance going on for me personally like tax preparation at 11 am today....eeekkk :rolleyes:

Months that contain a Friday the 13th began with the 1st on the 1st day of the week, Sunday. That is the true essence of Friday the 13th.

That....

...and we are supposed to wear old-school hockey goalie masks and roll with machetes. I got mine right here ready to wear to work.

What concerns me and should concern you even more is that my mother is a descendant from the Vorhees family, her maiden name is Voris. We don't know of any Jasons in the family, but if we find one I'll let you know. Gotta go...

...can't...

...control it...

...any...

...longer...

..AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!

-a-train

I'm an engineer so attaching emotions to number combinations isn't something I do very often (the only instance I can think of so far would be our wedding anniversary then I feel like this guy :wub: he he)

here's another example of attaching emotion to math "Is the glass half full or empty?" as an engineer I just see it as 50% bigger then it needed to be to do the job. :D

If I remember correctly Friday the 13th is a day of good luck in Germany when allied soldiers found out they assumed any thing good for Germany had to be bad for the allies, thus led to the day of bad luck we see today. Another example of this would be blond jokes, that was the allied response to Hitlers superior race.

I didn't mean to take us off topic, I don't have any quarrel with Friday the 13th, I know thats what you were looking for. So thats my two cents on the matter,

-LT04

Today is Friday the 13th. So what? I don't give it a second thought but on MSN today it covered fears of people especially on this day. I'm curious what everyone's fears, big and small, if any, are.

i have control issues. i fear the loss of it. lol when i'm under a lot of anxiety and feel very out of control i have bad dreams that usually involve tornadoes. i don't really "fear" tornadoes, not something lol i lose any sleep over. i do see them as the most likely thing that is compleatly uncontrolable, barely predictable event that could occur in this area. i guess that is why they become the focus of my dreams. lol sometimes i have the dreams and then think that was weird, and figure out what i'm stressed about.

so anyway, doc, am i crazy? ;)

That was one of the statistics given on MSN. It talked about the probability of being killed by a tornado as one of the big fears and the likelihood of that event occurring. Darn, it's not there anymore. :( You are no more crazy than me (that might not be saying much though) LOL

Dear Dr. T,

I play a board game called "Axis and Allies" the game was first created in the late '70s or early '80s remaind unchanged for over 20 years now there are just over a half dozen vareations. The have dozens of websites of die hard fans of the game. Well I'm one of the die hard fans. We throw scenarios back and forth trying to get the game more realistic. In fact Larry Harris the original creator of the game often comes to us to make his games better. So any fact reguarding WWII im sure I have heard it before in that forum from amimals in the war to rare expditionary forces Hitler sent looking for Atlantis and other historic artifacts, to diffrent religous factions aiding diffrent sides and parts of the war. So as far as accuracy I can't give you 100% but I can't see the person I heard it from lying about something like that.

-LT04

Dear Dr. T,

I play a board game called "Axis and Allies" the game was first created in the late '70s or early '80s remaind unchanged for over 20 years now there are just over a half dozen vareations. The have dozens of websites of die hard fans of the game. Well I'm one of the die hard fans. We throw scenarios back and forth trying to get the game more realistic. In fact Larry Harris the original creator of the game often comes to us to make his games better. So any fact reguarding WWII im sure I have heard it before in that forum from amimals in the war to rare expditionary forces Hitler sent looking for Atlantis and other historic artifacts, to diffrent religous factions aiding diffrent sides and parts of the war. So as far as accuracy I can't give you 100% but I can't see the person I heard it from lying about something like that.

-LT04

My husband loves Axis and Allies too although he hasn't really played it in a long time. He doesn't really know anyone who's really in to it and it takes so long.

That's interesting Push. Thank you for that link. The power of superstition amazes me. I've been to hotels that "do not have" a 13th story. The elevator goes, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, etc. Push, do people stay away from your black cat? About three years ago, someone at work came to me and told me, "I saw, three black cats in a row, cross my path recently." :unsure: She was so sure it meant something really bad was going to happen to her. I thought, :hmmm: "Better go look for four white cats to counter the negative ramifications for those three" :doh:

I'm so accident prone and bad-luck prone that I dont worry whether its Friday the 13th or not-Its every single day of the year I worry about!!! In 6 weeks alone during one year, I had a car accident, my brother broke his leg, my husband was admitted to hospital with severe glandular fever, my Mum fell down some stairs and smashed her wrist to bits also ending up in hospital 4 days after my Dad was released from a burst appendix! 2 weeks later he had a car crash. I was working, visiting my Mum, going home to check up on my Dad and my brother, then driving to another hospital where my husband was (I was still black and blue from my car accident!) I thought it was quite funny-I didnt like my family suffering, but I thought, this is so ridiculous its unbelievable. If I didnt laugh Id cry! It worked out as something every 10 days or something for over a month! Its fitting that I started it off tho-the story of my life. My family still joke about it. I dont think any of them were friday the 13th tho. lol.