Animal Lovers

Churchmouse

Any animal lovers here? What animals do you or would you like to have?

We have two female cats, Boots and Patches. Two female Great Pyrenees dogs, Molly and Ginger. One female American Paint horse, Nikki. Not a pet, but we also had a resident six foot black snake, Herman. Sometimes he would be in the garden, sometimes the woodpile or the barn. A few times in the basement. There was a black snake killed on our road this spring. It may have been Herman. I haven't seen him this summer.

My favorite topic!!!!

We have 2 1/2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 parakeet, and a tank full of fish. The fish and the parakeet are both kind of boring.... The fish are well, fish and the parakeet is not a big fan of people.

Our cat is a big 10 year old orange tabby boy, Artie. We found him in a parking lot when he was just a starving little kitten. He very sweet but not very sociable. He never seeks out attention but enjoys cuddling when we go to him.

I say 2 1/2 dogs because we have 3 living with us but one is a foster dog so not technically ours. That makes a BIG difference because I promised my husband we'd never have 3 dogs at once again....haha.

Our foster dog is a big 8 year old Weimaraner, Gus. He's beautiful and the absolute easiest dog ever. If he wasn't so big we'd forget he was here.

Then we have Buttercup, our Olde English Bulldogge. She's a crazy goof. She's got the funniest face. She's an "up for anything" kind of dog. She plays hard, loves hard, and gets in trouble hard. She'll be 2 in November.

Last and least in size we have Jasper. He's a two year old "short haired" Havanese. It's a very rare genetic mutation of the normal incredibly long haired Havanese. He was the ugly duckling in his litter because everyone wanted the normal fluffy puppies. He's very, very cute though and is actually a long haired dog, just not compared to the breed standard. We are super lucky to have him though because he's perfect for us. He's extremely tolerant of children and just completely attached to us.

I'm currently trying to talk my husband into a kitten but it's not going well.

I have a tiny orange tabby who lives with my mother - when I moved out my housemate already had 2 cats and a dog who wouldn't have accepted my little Shadow. My hosemate has a Jack Russell/Hungarian Vizler cross called Boston who is an absolute sweatheart and 2 cats called Morton and Oreo.

I guess I'm an animal lover, tho we only have 1 rabbit. She is treated like the princess that she is and is much loved.

One way I show my animal love is to financially support Mercy for Animals and Farm Sanctuary. A new one I learned about this summer is Toronto Pig Save - apparently it got hot in Canada, too, and members went out and gave water and fruit to pigs in trucks headed to slaughter. Were they going to die anyway? Yes, but before they died they had some love and water. See:

I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried like a baby seeing those pigs suffer like that.

We currently have a dog-3 month old Golden Doodle. She's a beauty and very sweet but not house training particularly well. We have a 7-8 yr old gray and white shorthair cat who passionately dislikes every other animal in the house except the fish. She drinks from his (?) bowl. And the goldfish who, believe it or not, we won at a Halloween carnival almost 3 yrs ago. Never before have we kept a fish alive for more than 24 hrs. This thing just won't die. Anyone know how to tell the gender of a goldfish? We also have 8 chickens who are fulfilling their obligation to keep us in eggs. At least 3-5 every day.

My husband is like a Dr. Doolittle. He's always bring home sick animals or they just happen to find our house.

We have 2 dogs, 3 birds, and 2 cats. The one dog just happened to find our house this winter. She was injured. We tried to find her owners but no one claimed her... so we have her. She turned out to be a wonderful dog.

Then we had a turkey that fell off the turkey truck that was going for the kill. She was adorable and husband also helped her get better. She followed us around like a dog. While we were out of town a wild animal came on our land and killed her. So sad!

We adopted a chicken because the rooster didn't like her. The previous owners got rid of the rooster so we gave the chicken back.

There were other animals ...but they have come and gone. Either found homes for them or they found their owners again.

Oh... and the cat that found us that had NO teeth and two sets of paws on both front feet. It wandered on our land too. Living in the country is fun.

Love our animals.