Elf on the Shelf ideas

applepansy

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a question.

I'm thinking I might just buy the EOTS package (Elf boy/girl + storybook) on eBay but I want to know if the elves have wire skeletons, do they? From some of the pictures I've seen of mischievous elves, some of them appear to be gripping objects with their arms.. I think part of the fun with doing EOTS is being able to position them in funny situations. If they don't, then I may need to reconsider the kind of elf to get.

No wire and the hangs are stitched together. I'm going to clip the threads and add a little velcro to his hands.

Thanks Pam, I like the wire idea. That will make him easier to pose.

I had a thought - to pass on - concerning the spirit of Christmas. Perhaps I will not be liked for this suggestion - but instead of and elf - I wonder??? How about a wiseman rather than an elf?

The Traveler

Yep, you could do that or Moose on The Loose, as someone else has already suggested. There are a lot of neat concepts you could do. You could even hide a star and have the kids find it each morning. That's the beauty about it all, plenty of room for fun creativity, and everything still done in the spirit of Christmas.

Last night I took our elf and three other "friends" and set them up playing Sorry (my daughter's favorite game). By the time I got downstairs this morning, the game had been played through, the pieces moved to the basement, and one of the players was missing...lol. But my daughter loved it!

I would like to find a not-so-fair skinned EOTS. I don't mind the blue-eyed Caucasian ones but something a little more ethnic would be cool too, ethnic as in, Asian or even Hispanic/Latino would work. Haven't been able to find any thus far though. Maybe they don't make them? I have seen African American ones but I'm looking for a more "middle ground" :)

The Amazon page for EOTS says, "The Elf on the Shelf comes in light skin and dark skin boy and girl scout elves."

I did find this, though, that's not too dark: Amazon.com: The Elf On The Shelf (Boy - Dark) & Game Day Jersey Set: Toys & Games. And if you wanted it to be a girl, all you have to do is buy the little skirt to put around it. Or make your own.

I would like to find a not-so-fair skinned EOTS. I don't mind the blue-eyed Caucasian ones but something a little more ethnic would be cool too, ethnic as in, Asian or even Hispanic/Latino would work. Haven't been able to find any thus far though. Maybe they don't make them? I have seen African American ones but I'm looking for a more "middle ground" :)

They've have darker skinned and brown eyes.

Boy Elf On The Shelf Boy with Brown Eyes & Skin Christmas Tradition Set w/ Book or girl Elf On The Shelf Girl w/ Dark Skin & Brown Eyes Christmas Tradition Set

Edited by applepansy

Last night I got my son to set up Cleatus Fishing for gold fish crackers. :)

Cleatus was swinging from the chandelier in the dining room so he just had to use the pencil and one strand of yarn. I guess I made it easy for him.

Wingnut, I like the playing Sorry setup. We told our grandson he couldn't touch Cleatus or he would lose his magic. I wonder what he'd do with the Elf playing the game. Monday morning he climbed up to the top of the hutch in his bedroom and got Cleatus down, then brought him to me. So... poor Cleatus was going to have to go back to the North Pool. While he was a school, Santa visited Cleatus and left him a bottle of magic crystals (red sugar). Then Santa wrote a letter to our grandson explaining how to take care of Cleatus. It made a big impression. My grandson loves "magic" even though he knows magic isn't real. He loves the wonder of it. He tasted the magic crystals and said they must only work on Elves. :)

Cleatus was swinging from the chandelier in the dining room so he just had to use the pencil and one strand of yarn. I guess I made it easy for him.

Wingnut, I like the playing Sorry setup. We told our grandson he couldn't touch Cleatus or he would lose his magic. I wonder what he'd do with the Elf playing the game. Monday morning he climbed up to the top of the hutch in his bedroom and got Cleatus down, then brought him to me. So... poor Cleatus was going to have to go back to the North Pool. While he was a school, Santa visited Cleatus and left him a bottle of magic crystals (red sugar). Then Santa wrote a letter to our grandson explaining how to take care of Cleatus. It made a big impression. My grandson loves "magic" even though he knows magic isn't real. He loves the wonder of it. He tasted the magic crystals and said they must only work on Elves. :)

My five-year-old knows not to touch Trinket, but the two-year-old? Not so much. It was the older daughter that finished playing the game, but she didn't touch the elf, except for accidentally bumping him as the board turned/spun a little, getting bumped as she reached all the way across.

I was going through eBay (and still don't see ethnic EOTS there) hoping there would be auctions but it appears that price rounds out to about the retail price as the official EOTS website. I really find the girl version you posted quite adorable, Applepansy.

I was going through eBay (and still don't see ethnic EOTS there) hoping there would be auctions but it appears that price rounds out to about the retail price as the official EOTS website. I really find the girl version you posted quite adorable, Applepansy.

I think they are adorable too. :)

Of course its real, just not in the faeries and wizards sort of way

well... :) There's worldly magic which is illusion and then there is the Spirit of God which can do anything. :)

I was more referring to Wiccan magic which is more about controlling energy and what not, as meditation and the like does.

Energy is a real thing, different people call it different things but it's all the same thing.