Frozen review (in seven words)

Vort

Aurora should be on that list. And maybe Eva Gabor from Aristocats.

My favorite meme from Frozen is one that I can't post here because it has a semi-swear word on it, but it's also about the fast marriage thing.

Mulan and Belle each took time to get to know their beaus, in good times and bad, before jumping in with both feet.

• 1 month later...
Did I mention the warm-hearted snowman who had absolutely nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with the gist of the story, and was very clearly included solely because he presented great marketing opportunities to the preschool set? Him.

Now you're messing with my favorite character! :foaming:

I can be specific about what I didn't like about the snowman. He just wasn't funny or cute but they forced the funny/cute factor anyway and it just fell short. Very short. I appreciated the sentiment of the snowman willingly melting for the sake of the princess, giving your life for another is generally considered selfless, but other than that - they should have kept to the drawingboard..

Other than that??? Disney snuck in a clearly Christian subliminal message, and all we get is "other than that???"

Yay, I implore thee to abandon the evil God Cycnicism, return dear child, return to the Blessed One who smiles at princesses, and honors cute, proto-messianic snowmen! :angel:

I just read this blog post from a "well behaved Mormon woman" about Frozen.

A Well-Behaved Mormon Woman - Frozen: Not Gonna "Let It Go" When Movie Advocates Gay Agenda

What are your thoughts about her ideas? Is there a hidden gay agenda behind the movie Frozen?

I wasn't crazy about the movie, and "Let It Go", while a beautiful song, doesn't sit well with me. But I just see it as today's typical "your parents are ignorant and you shouldn't listen to them" stuff. I didn't remotely see a gay agenda to the story, and I think this woman is reaching.

I just read this blog post from a "well behaved Mormon woman" about Frozen.

A Well-Behaved Mormon Woman - Frozen: Not Gonna "Let It Go" When Movie Advocates Gay Agenda

What are your thoughts about her ideas? Is there a hidden gay agenda behind the movie Frozen?

What a load of crap!

When I sat in the movie, I loved the scene in which Elsa built her castle, because I related to it. I particularly felt the first verse of the song "Let It Go" touched me personally. As someone who struggles with depression and feels the ever-present need to hide it from those around me, I related on a very personal level to the words, "conceal, don't feel," and "don't let them in."

I also loved that Elsa finally embraced her power and used it to create beautiful things. Her weakness became a strength.

I feel about this, the same way I felt about the announcement that Dumbledore was supposed to be gay: If the writers are trying to push the "gay agenda", they're doing a miserable job of it. Dumbledore's unfettered relationship with Grindelwald--and Elsa's complete unleashing of her own powers--harm their respective societies and utterly destroy their families. It is only when they commit to a lifetime of self-control that they find acceptance and healing.

Edited by Just_A_Guy

I suppose the liberal agenda can take what they want from the movie and work it, but I don't think any hidden meanings were initially created.

That said, the "Let it Go" song lyrics have always bothered me and I find Elsa's actions irresponsible and anti-social.

Here's a rather humorous rebuttal blog post to the "Frozen is Pro-Gay" blog.

You know, I understand what the guy is doing and why, and part of me agrees with him. But I am totally not feeling it. I feel embarrassed for the lady who wrote the anti-Disney screed, but somehow mocking her for it just makes me feel worse. She is right that pro-homosexual propaganda saturates our culture, and it should not be that surprising that some people see such filth even where it does not exist. Conditioning will do that to you. Maybe I identify too much with her, or secretly think she could be my own mother or sister or something.

You know, I understand what the guy is doing and why, and part of me agrees with him. But I am totally not feeling it. I feel embarrassed for the lady who wrote the anti-Disney screed, but somehow mocking her for it just makes me feel worse. She is right that pro-homosexual propaganda saturates our culture, and it should not be that surprising that some people see such filth even where it does not exist. Conditioning will do that to you. Maybe I identify too much with her, or secretly think she could be my own mother or sister or something.

Well, and whether intentional or not, the fact is that Elsa emerges from her transformation with a hairstyle and makeup that is remarkably similar to that of a . . . ahem . . . lady of ill repute who allows herself to be filmed while less than fully attired.

Well, and whether intentional or not, the fact is that Elsa emerges from her transformation with a hairstyle and makeup that is remarkably similar to that of a . . . ahem . . . lady of ill repute who allows herself to be filmed while less than fully attired.

What????? Who? I've never seen any references to what she looks like.

tumblr_mvnejxTU5P1rdyemco1_250.jpg

This girl looks like her.

a7a3e53e0e522710db0d9ffa54d83de5.jpg

Are you speaking specifically or generically? If the former, I'm not sure to whom you're referring.

If the latter, I don't get it. Vort complained earlier about the slit in Elsa's skirt/dress. It's barely above the knee...it's not like she's Jessica Rabbit.

Vort complained earlier about the slit in Elsa's skirt/dress. It's barely above the knee...it's not like she's Jessica Rabbit.

Nah. It wasn't the "absolute length" that bothered me. Compared to a swim suit (or Ariel, the Little Mermaid, as anatess points out), she might as well have been wearing a parka. The point in my mind was the shift from very modest to more revealing, and that as a sign of breaking free from harmful restrictions.