Frozen review (in seven words)

Vort

I'm speaking in general terms, Wingers. Overdone eyeshadow, deliberately disheveled hair . . . I'm not proud of some of my past viewing history on the internet, but it does inform (or skew?) my opinion here.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I don't see it, still. I don't think her hair looks "disheveled," deliberately or otherwise -- it looks loosely styled. And when it comes to overdone eye shadow, well, I see that every time I visit Utah. ;)

While that last comment is true, it's not meant as a dig. I guess I still just don't see the problem. I see it as similar to the transformation that Maria experienced in The Sound of Music, when she left the extreme constraints of the convent, where she'd been sheltered and hidden for so long, and began to wear beautiful, fashionable clothing, simply because she'd discovered (and decided) that...she could!

At least Ariel doesn't show her legs.

You've got me seriously laughing out loud here!

Okay, here's the transformation:

From this:

4c2168082ea18bf2fc76a50387e5b6c9.jpg

Made necessary because anything she touches turns to ice.

To this:

ElsaPose.png

Now... Is this a transformation from Normal to Skimpy? Or is this a transformation from Nun-like to Normal?

Here's a point of reference:

600648_10151282273712620_1666260629_n.jpg

You decide.

By the way--anyone notice that in the above princess graphic--Aurora's, Belle's, Ariel's, and Cinderella's gowns are all more low-cut than anything they wore in their respective movies; and even Snow White--who in film had all the physical maturity of a ten-year-old--has been, in the words of Oklahoma's Ado Annie, "rounded up a little"?

Edited by Just_A_Guy

I have no recollection of any 1950s-era drawings of Princess Aurora wearing a poodle skirt. :P

This goes beyond "pop culture", methinks.

You're not familiar with 50's fashion, I guess. You're a dude, you get a pass.

Gown circa 1950:

92937073.jpg

The Barefoot Contessa, 1954

tumblr_mxalgtd9d21t1brmso1_500.jpg

Cinderella, 1956:

cinderella_1950_by_imacmaniac-d5x4uxb.jpg

Sleeping Beauty (Princess Aurora), 1959:

Sleeping+Beauty+Aurora+and+Maleficent.jpg

Of course, there are Disney princesses that wear period costumes - like Mulan and Pocahontas. But they still get some pop flair to them.

Edited by anatess

I haven't seen the movie.

I guess it's a good thing I've read up on it...I might have missed the rampant homosexual agenda in it.

I can be dense that way. :eek:

I bet you missed the rampant in-your-face homosexual agenda of Sesane Street too.

I purchase this on Vudu and watched it again with my son last night. As I watched the film the thought came to me that if Elsa's power represents same-sex attraction it’s not shown very positively as it practically killed everyone in her city and did end up killing her sister who essentially saved herself with her act of love.

So after seeing it again I think it's even more apparent that pro-homosexuals or anti-homosexuals can read all they want into the songs and story. If they come away thinking there’s some intentionally built in direct parallel it’s a huge stretch. Like Wingnuts post..it might as well be about flatulence..:roflmbo:

My personal take is that the movie encourages family responsibility, not hiding our gifts, sacrifice and love. I even think it demonstrates the importance of tempering our hearts with our heads. Elsa releasing her powers without thinking how it could affect others and Anna falling for Hans without really knowing him.

You know, I understand what the guy is doing and why, and part of me agrees with him. But I am totally not feeling it. I feel embarrassed for the lady who wrote the anti-Disney screed, but somehow mocking her for it just makes me feel worse. She is right that pro-homosexual propaganda saturates our culture, and it should not be that surprising that some people see such filth even where it does not exist. Conditioning will do that to you. Maybe I identify too much with her, or secretly think she could be my own mother or sister or something.

You are a better person than me. Or, maybe the LDS subculture has not been subject to the same level of 'witch hunts' that evangelicalism has.

1. Proctor and Gamble's alleged ties to the Church of Satan. That fabrication persisted by FAX and then email for 4 decades.

2. One of the Teletubbies is gay! That was one of the few times Jerry Falwell actually backtracked and apologized.

3. Rock 'n Roll music has lots of subliminal satanic messages that are inserted backwards. Supposedly this made it impossible for the conscious mind to filter, and those messages slipped into our subconcious spirits! Horror! :eek: ... and alas, so much foolish and bogus psuedo-science.

4. Harry Potter is directly promoting witchcraft, and children are aligning with Wicca and other pagan religions and the occult in droves, because of this series. For every one that might have done so I'll bet there were a hundred that absorbed the overriding message that good trumps evil.

5. And now, Frozen. Honestly, I think the message that love is sacrifice, not warm fuzzies, outweighs any supremely subtle gay-tolerance messaging.

So, in my cycnism, I often wonder if these campaigns are started by people hoping to make some 'coin of the realm,' and perhaps get their 15-minutes of fame.

I purchase this on Vudu and watched it again with my son last night. As I watched the film the thought came to me that if Elsa's power represents same-sex attraction it’s not shown very positively as it practically killed everyone in her city and did end up killing her sister who essentially saved herself with her act of love.

So after seeing it again I think it's even more apparent that pro-homosexuals or anti-homosexuals can read all they want into the songs and story. If they come away thinking there’s some intentionally built in direct parallel it’s a huge stretch. Like Wingnuts post..it might as well be about flatulence..:roflmbo:

My personal take is that the movie encourages family responsibility, not hiding our gifts, sacrifice and love. I even think it demonstrates the importance of tempering our hearts with our heads. Elsa releasing her powers without thinking how it could affect others and Anna falling for Hans without really knowing him.

And Olaf wishing and pining for Summer.... without knowing the puddle it can get him into. :lol:

I know this is a little late, but I thought it was thought-provoking:

My Response to Well Behaved Mormon Woman (her post about Frozen) Josh Weed

I love it! Thanks for sharing. This was my favorite part:

...the thing I most want to say here is this: there is an important, key difference between having an interpretation of a work of art, and assuming you know the artistic motivations behind a work of art. The former is what we all do. The latter is a big, big mistake that causes a lot of problems.