Can anyone help me find material for nonmembers?

CiVi

I'm a recent young convert, and my dad is already a little cynical of organized religion, but is definitely more worried about what is going to happen to me now that I'm LDS. (Though he is really nice about it, his views worry that it is cultish, secretive, and will demand a lot from me.) On the bright side, he wants to educate himself about it!!!! He said he will look at/read any resources that I send him. (I believe, however, that the line is drawn at Book of Mormon.) So this is my one chance- or, rather, my couple of chances- to not only relieve his fears, but also to convince him of the validity of my Church (all the reasons sane people would join it). So if you have any scholarly or religious book recommendations, general conference or other talks, or really any resource I can refer him too that would be considered a valid and reasonable source, I'd really appreciate it!

In particular, I'm looking for things that don't necessarily go into deeper doctrine (because unless you have the basics down, those can seem pretty outlandish; and why wouldn't they when they are so much greater than us now?), things that humanize the Church, outside (and educated) perspectives that speak positively of the organization of the Church and/or it's members, and things that provide arguments about how this Church is truer/better without going into unique revelation.

Thanks so much!

Deseret Book Mormons: An Open Book Paperback by Anthony Sweat

I just got this book and am reading it. It's a bit like Mormonism for Dummies, and doesn't shy away from controversial topics. It's sold at Deseret Book and written from an LDS point of view, so I would consider it a good compromise of giving all the nitty-gritty details but from an LDS perspective. It might be useful if your dad thinks you are "hiding" the secret stuff from him.

For some reason, I thought Teryl's wife Fiona (who co-wrote the book) is not a Mormon?

They are both LDS. You can read short biographies of them both at this link: Scholars Terryl and Fiona Givens discuss life, love and their new book, 'The God Who Weeps' | Deseret News

It is a really good book. It takes a very unique and interesting approach to explaining LDS theology. It's a good recommendation.