True, but we do know what he doesn't look like-and a white European wasn't it

Lakumi, have you seen the documentaries on the Shroud of Turin?  The History channel did one maybe 3 years ago, following a group of scientists who put together a computer model of the face in the shroud, it was really neat!!!  The Shroud is considered to be the burial cloth of Jesus (obviously something which is debatable), in case you've never heard of it. The Shroud will be on display next year from May-August (ish) in Turin, my husband and I are now planning a trip to go see it :) 

That's right!  It's much easier to stay awake when you're standing, sitting, then standing then kneeling in the span of 1 hour.  I am the chorister (the person that stands up infront of the congregation and waves her hands in time to the song during sacrament meeting) for about 5 years now and it used to be that I would give the sign to stand up for the intermediate hymn if the song has a fast tempo (somebody else chooses the songs).  But 2 years ago, we changed bishops and the new bishop told me not to do that anymore!  So, we don't even stand up for the intermediate hymn anymore and when we have a 1PM schedule, I spend a lot of time elbowing my husband and kids to stay awake...

My kids still fall asleep occasionally, depending on which Mass we go to...and depending on which priest says the homily, lol.  We have one priest, a sweet old man (retired), whose voice makes me want to fall asleep, it's so slow and soothing. 

Moroni 10:3-5

Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.

And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

If someone were to convert to Mormonism after age 18, would they automatically be considered in the Melchizidek (sorry about spelling) a Priesthood after their baptism? It seems odd that they'd automatically be given that "rank" and authority so quickly.

If someone were to convert to Mormonism after age 18, would they automatically be considered in the Melchizidek (sorry about spelling) a Priesthood after their baptism? It seems odd that they'd automatically be given that "rank" and authority so quickly.

No.  They first go through the Aaronic Priesthood.

Ahh okay, that clears it up. So what exactly is the process after baptism?

Concerning priesthood? Usually if one is worthy of baptism one is going to be worth of the Aaronic priesthood, and the preparation for such does not require a long time period. Likely within a week or so the bishop would interview a newly baptized male in regards to their worthiness and willingness to proceed to holding the Aaronic priesthood and then, presuming all was in order, have them sustained to that end in Sacrament meeting and then have them ordained thus.

To be fair, it is not automatic, but in some ways it is as-good-as automatic. :)

Was driving home last evening, and some guys with backpacks and white shirts! I thought "well, they're either Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons!" So I stopped in the middle of road and asked them. They looked really confused and said Mormon, so I just gave them a thumbs up..... As I was driving back I got a sudden urge to turn around and go talk to them. So long story short, I ran them down and we talked and they gave me a pamphlet and a Book of Mormon!

Looking forward to reading them!

Was driving home last evening, and some guys with backpacks and white shirts! I thought "well, they're either Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons!" So I stopped in the middle of road and asked them. They looked really confused and said Mormon, so I just gave them a thumbs up..... As I was driving back I got a sudden urge to turn around and go talk to them. So long story short, I ran them down and we talked and they gave me a pamphlet and a Book of Mormon!

oh wow, and nice :D

I find it humorous that they "looked really confused". You would think missionaries would be both used to and prepared for such encounters. :)

They actually just started their mission about two weeks ago, so I may have been one of the first to actually approach them!

Ha ha. Yeah. I bet there was a bit of deer in the headlight then. Though both missionaries couldn't have been that new. Perhaps you focused in on the newer one's experssion. :)

Ha ha. Yeah. I bet there was a bit of deer in the headlight then. Though both missionaries couldn't have been that new. Perhaps you focused in on the newer one's experssion. :)

That's correct.  One would have had to have been out awhile and was a trainer.  They wouldn't put two "greenies" out together after only 2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

At my lesson yesterday they said that they love my town because it's the first place they've been where people are actually approaching them and asking them for LDS materials (keep in mind, I live in a Conservative mainly Protestant area).

oh wow hopin the best for everyone :)