“Make me beautiful”

Windseeker

Some of them are just badly done and seem to say more about the skill of the Photoshopper and less about 'national' standards of beauty.

Indeed. On more than a few of them I had to look beyond to see what standards of beauty they were getting at.

I also think there's some relativity to it. Pouty lips and big eyes can be attractive. But when you see the original pic and then the photoshopped version added pouty lips and larger eyes it looks fake and overdone. If the original model had pouty lips and big eyes in the first place it would not necessarily come across that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Bangladesh and Ukraine are the best for me.  Philippines is the worst!

Okay, as far as what is considered beautiful in the Philippines (what celebrities try to look like)... they prize light skin, so much so that you will find women walking around in big umbrellas in bright sunlight so they don't tan and you find skin-whitening ads common.  And then, they prize the narrow, long nose and high cheekbones.  So they do contouring make-up.  And then the long straight hair.  So you find keratin rebonding hair treatments or Brazilian blow dry on every nook and cranny...