Garments changing in locker room

Sunday21

If you work out at a gym would you wear your garments in the changing room? I want to leave work and go to the gym so I would normally be changing into workout wear in the locker room. If I don't wear my garments it would not be a problem but we are meant to wear the garments every day. What do people do who go to the gym frequently? I hear, probably a rumour, that lds athletes just wear their garments in the locker room and change in front of people. This would be most convenient. What do you think?

If there isn't a private changing area, then I just try to pull off my garments at the same time as the rest of my clothes. My top off comes at the same time as my shirt, and my bottoms at the same time as my pants. I can put them back on the same way.

Oh, but are you planning to wear your garments while exercising? I don't (I sweat profusely, and they become extremely uncomfortable and bunched up during a strenuous workout), so I guess my advice is only helpful if you don't plan on working out in them, either.

I rarely went to the gym before/after work on route and thus changed at home (I also don't work out in my garments).

Frankly, I wouldn't worry about it.  I'd wager most people don't pay too much attention to other's underwear in the locker room. 

If you work out at a gym would you wear your garments in the changing room? I want to leave work and go to the gym so I would normally be changing into workout wear in the locker room. 

I go to the gym.  I wear my garments all day, change out of them into gym clothes, work out, take everything off and go use the gym shower, then put my garments back on with my regular clothing.  I'm not aware of any reason to hide garments from the eyes of the unendowed, and it's never been an issue.

I've gathered a couple comments from doctors at physicals when I was asked to "strip down to your underwear".  Harmless enough.  "Oh - you're mormon?  My cousin's friend is a mormon."  That sort of thing.

Handy rule of thumb I've heard over the years that bishops seem ok with: The four "S"'es of not wearing your garments: Swimmings, sports, showers, and sex.  

Sacred, not secret.  We treat them with respect.  But they're articles of clothing.

I remove garments to exercise, otherwise they get really sticky and uncomfortable. Surprisingly, no one at my gym or workplace who sees my underwear comments on them. Maybe it's because I don't hang out with people who are curious about what I wear under my clothing.

However,if I notice someone staring at me while changing clothes, I will say "hey, are you looking at my butt?" really loudly, so that others will hear. This usually embarrasses the person enough to just mind their own business when it comes to my choice of undergarments.

However,if I notice someone staring at me while changing clothes, I will say "hey, are you looking at my butt?" really loudly, so that others will hear. This usually embarrasses the person enough to just mind their own business when it comes to my choice of undergarments.

Haha. Has this actually happened? :)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't change in the public area of the locker room at the gym.  I go into the private area (with the shower) and change there.  I am not comfortable exposing my body (nor my undies) in public.