Harry Potter News

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Yediyd

My daughter is driving me crazy!!! She's read the last one 5 times...it's falling apart!!! She can't wait till the new one comes out!! We have all the movies too, it was cute for a while...but I'm getting sick of the movies. Only Barny has him beat for number of repititions!!! :(

I am so excited about the book and the movie. When I get the books, I usually read it really fast (The night it comes out) and tell everyone the ending (many of my friends of course have learned to avoid me until they've read it first).

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one out there that has never read even the first Harry Potter book? I did see the first movie about a year ago. I just didn't get what all of the hype was about.

I agree with Dr. T, Vanilla. J.K. Rowlings created wonderful characters and interesting plots, the movies can only capture a small degree of what's involved in the books. I bet you'll get hooked.

M.

Guest Yediyd
<div class='quotemain'>

Am I the only one out there that has never read even the first Harry Potter book? I did see the first movie about a year ago. I just didn't get what all of the hype was about.

I agree with Dr. T, Vanilla. J.K. Rowlings created wonderful characters and interesting plots, the movies can only capture a small degree of what's involved in the books. I bet you'll get hooked.

M.

I got hooked by accident...when they first came out...I was reading them to my kids...by the time the third book came out, I no longer had to read them to the kids because they wanted to read them themselves...but I continued to read them for myself!!!

LOVE THEM!!!!

Nope, I'm with you. Maybe I should try to make myself read it, but I fought sleep throughout the first movie!

I don't get to read that much since I had a kid...

We went to the New HP movie last night, I loved it! :D very deep and darker then the rest but thats how the books go. :hmmm:

Its been years since I have heard a audiences cheer at the beginning and the end of a movie.

I think a large YSA group went two of them a YM and a YW duelled it out with sticks for wands down front before the per-views. I turned to my husband and said "aren't dares fun at times"?

The actors are growing and their acting maturing, well worth it, I think they will only get better.

I went to the 12:01 AM showing yesterday. I think I was the only one who wasn't giggling at certain things only because I haven't read the books. People were laughing at stuff they recognized from the books, but there was nothing funny going on onscreen. I guess I'm just not that big of a HP nerd.

Went to the latest movie last night. I think it is the best of the 5, to be honest. "Harry" is a better actor in this one (up to now I don't think he has been too great as an actor), and it is darker and more intimate. The camera work was really good, and while it wasn't exactly true to the book, it is close.

We went and saw it tonite...everyone agreed...we all thought it stunk! It was like some stupid let Tim Burton direct this one...dark and dreary and long and boring...same old storyline too....save your $10 per person admission and $15 for popcorn and a soda and buy the DVD when it comes out. Or better yet wait till it comes to regular TV and save $19.99...trust me it stinks!

I haven't seen it yet. Tomorrow we will. The books got way darker. Maybe that is what you saw. Maybe they depicted the book well.

I like the darker angle, just read the first one to my daughter but think might leave the rest as she is only 4 lol she is going to a best dressed broomstick party so thought she needed to know who Harry Potter was.

I am hoping to go and see the movie tonight, my daughter and husband are going to Shrek so thought I would take baby into the back of Harry Potter. Do agree the movies are a complete waste of time if you haven't read the book though

Does anyone know what the rating is? need to decide whether or not to take Ellie she loved first 4 movies and gets on better with darker stuff - Disney gives her nightmares lol

Charley

PG-13 in the U.S.

I went tonight it was our new rating 12A which means over 12 or with an adult. It was really good, think its the best movie so far, but not sure if its because I haven't read the book in ages. But think might let Ellie skip this one some of it was a lot darker and she doesn't like the idea of losing family thats what causes mightmares.

Charley

I have enjoyed all of the books as well as the movies. I always wish they would have add more things to the movie that I enjoy in the books, but they would probably have to make a mini series to make me happy.

I enjoyed this last movie. I wish they wouldn't have made Cho the one who gave up the room of requirement, but I understand. They would have had to add another actress to the plot and gave her speaking parts, etc.

I hope when they make the 6th movie, they show Dobby a lot more. I love Dobby. I also hope the beginning start off at the Dursley's where Dumbledore is trying to find out if Kreacher is really Harry's now that Sirius is gone. Just thinking about that little elf throwing himself on the floor having a fit is making me laugh.