Family in trouble for kids walking home

Backroads

Guest MormonGator

Talk about your 'nanny state'.

Oh it's much worse than a nanny state. Like the journalist Michael Kelly said, "It's the Nurse Ratched" state. Just sit down, shut up and take your medicine. Nursey knows best. 

I'm all for this legal action. No matter where you stand on the parenting issue, no cop has the right to outright lie like that to children in custody. A cop should not be promising to take kids home, driving them around for three hours, refusing to let them contact their parents, etc.

Do any of us really know anything about the crime rates in Silver Springs, Maryland?

Yes.  If I go outside and fire my bow due west, the arrow will land in Silver Spring.  (My profile location says Baltimore but that's where I work, not where I live.)

Not much crime there.  Silver Spring is mostly affluent with lots of retail and office buildings.  Demographically it's mostly a mix of hispanic and black with a sizable population of whites also.  We're not talking about the seedy underbelly of society here.  My 7 year old daughter's school is within Silver Spring's limits and I am not worried about her safety, and we've never had a problem.

Edited by unixknight