Has KK and Planned Parenthood gone too far?

pam

8 hours ago, LeSellers said:

It's hard to imagine Planned unParenthood's doing "the right thing", ever!

Lehi

most people join so that they can get payed, as such i'd wager that PP as a whole will follow the popular trends in some manner or another.... probably not too many evil take over the world type geniuses in their ranks.

5 hours ago, Blackmarch said:

most people join so that they can get payed, as such i'd wager that PP as a whole will follow the popular trends in some manner or another.... probably not too many evil take over the world type geniuses in their ranks.

I'll tell you of a conversation I had with an "average PP worker" in Utah.

I asked about the "teen pregnancy" statistics.  Utah is purported to have the highest teen pregnancy rate in the nation.  That sounds bad.  But Utah also has the lowest average marriage age in the nation.  That's neither good nor bad, but a cultural thing.  So I asked what should be the obvious question:  Does the teen pregnancy rate statistic include those women who are married?

Yes.

So, why is that a bad thing?

Because women shouldn't be having children that young.

Is it unhealthy?

No, but it prevents women from ....

Isn't that a personal choice?  What if most of those young married women want a child and want to be a mother.

No woman really wants that.  It's just a culture that forces that on them.  So, their numbers should be included because of the negative societal impact of young women having children.

While I can see that some people just want a paycheck, I tend to believe most of them are completely indoctrinated in "the cause".  This may be before or after they got the job.  But PP is the living embodiment of all that is wrong with Sodom and Gomorrah today.  If these "paycheck employees" don't want to be consumed by it as Lot and his family, they need to get themselves out.

46 minutes ago, pam said:

It's interesting that KK's name isn't mentioned as being involved in this.

Yes.  The news story is reported in many papers, but strangely no mention of KK.  The gossip in me wonders what's going on behind the scenes... but then again, none of my beeswax, nor do I really care beyond curiosity. 

Then again, it being canceled seems to be larger national story about PP, versus KK is pretty unknown outside LDS circles (and even then only a fraction).

Edited by Jane_Doe

On 7/28/2016 at 6:57 AM, Carborendum said:

I'll tell you of a conversation I had with an "average PP worker" in Utah.

I asked about the "teen pregnancy" statistics.  Utah is purported to have the highest teen pregnancy rate in the nation.  That sounds bad.  But Utah also has the lowest average marriage age in the nation.  That's neither good nor bad, but a cultural thing.  So I asked what should be the obvious question:  Does the teen pregnancy rate statistic include those women who are married?

Yes.

So, why is that a bad thing?

Because women shouldn't be having children that young.

Is it unhealthy?

No, but it prevents women from ....

Isn't that a personal choice?  What if most of those young married women want a child and want to be a mother.

No woman really wants that.  It's just a culture that forces that on them.  So, their numbers should be included because of the negative societal impact of young women having children.

While I can see that some people just want a paycheck, I tend to believe most of them are completely indoctrinated in "the cause".  This may be before or after they got the job.  But PP is the living embodiment of all that is wrong with Sodom and Gomorrah today.  If these "paycheck employees" don't want to be consumed by it as Lot and his family, they need to get themselves out.

Yeah; one of the things with the newer forms of feminism is that they *say* it's all about a woman's choice, but if a woman chooses to do what the feminists don't want her to do then her choice is somehow "wrong" or she's been pressured into it.