The Bitter Clingers again.

anatess2

I almost think they have so embraced their emotions over principle and logic that they have lost their self-awareness and are in the process of de-evolving. Do they ever stop to consider how absolutely disgustingly bigoted, racist and classist they are.

I'm grateful to look at my mixed kids and their cousins and know that the desperate leeching of every area of division by these race mongers eventually has to end and everyone will realize how vapid and tired their arguments are.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/07/27/black-dnc-protest-tells-crowd-white-people-to-back.html

I get what she's saying, and I don't disagree with her.  She's engaging in alliterative shenanigans to express her point, but whatever.  

Is there someone out there that doesn't believe lots of non-college-educated white male folks vote republican, because they are pro 2nd amendment, pro traditional marriage, and pro life?   If there's a catchier way to say that than Guns/Gays/Guns, I don't know what it would be.

*shrug* 

Guest LiterateParakeet

I only listened to 26 second of it (just curious what the topic was)...I was amused to hear that Trump is doing particularly well among white men, particularly those who have not been to college.  You mean rednecks?  Yup, rednecks love Trump.

Don't jump to false conclusions here, just because Rednecks fit into that category, is not to say that all white males who haven't been to college and support Trump are.  I just happen to be related to a lot of rednecks so that amused me because I do assume a correlation between their lack of education and their love for Trump.  Again this is not necessarily an indictment of all Trump supporters. 

Guest MormonGator
3 hours ago, mirkwood said:

...and this one...

timo_zpsbwhvrd7l.jpeg

What a handsome and charming fellow. Look at the smile and those blue eyes! 

Take it in ladies. Gator is always looking for another wife. 

Edited by MormonGator

8 hours ago, LiterateParakeet said:

I only listened to 26 second of it (just curious what the topic was)...I was amused to hear that Trump is doing particularly well among white men, particularly those who have not been to college.  You mean rednecks?  Yup, rednecks love Trump.

Don't jump to false conclusions here, just because Rednecks fit into that category, is not to say that all white males who haven't been to college and support Trump are.  I just happen to be related to a lot of rednecks so that amused me because I do assume a correlation between their lack of education and their love for Trump.  Again this is not necessarily an indictment of all Trump supporters. 

I have found this point about "educated" voters being more likely to support Hillary fascinating. It really made me wonder if the longer someone is in the "education" system, the longer they have to be brainwashed with liberal ideals. But I also find it interesting how big a deal the media makes about these things as well - it's a great sound bite for Democrats to say that those with an education choose to vote for Hillary, but the last break down I saw for whit college educated voters was a 55% to 45% split which is certainly an advantage in that voting block but distorted for sure when taken to mean that college educated folks won't vote for Trump which clearly a large percentage will.

Guest LiterateParakeet

@SpiritDragon Just to clarify my point....I didn't mean that "educated' voters would vote for Hillary either.  

I saw an article awhile back that talked about how Trump didn't do well in Utah.  They listed several reasons, but the two I recall are that his morals vastly differ from ours, and also that LDS people tend to be more educated.  

Lest anyone be offended, I don't have a college education either.  

17 hours ago, Windseeker said:

I almost think they have so embraced their emotions over principle and logic that they have lost their self-awareness and are in the process of de-evolving. Do they ever stop to consider how absolutely disgustingly bigoted, racist and classist they are.

I'm grateful to look at my mixed kids and their cousins and know that the desperate leeching of every area of division by these race mongers eventually has to end and everyone will realize how vapid and tired their arguments are.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/07/27/black-dnc-protest-tells-crowd-white-people-to-back.html

In other words, they've lied to themselves so much they are actually starting to believe it?  I guess that's part of the conditioning process.  It's worked on a majority of Americans, so why not on the people who push the lies.

6 hours ago, LiterateParakeet said:

@SpiritDragon Just to clarify my point....I didn't mean that "educated' voters would vote for Hillary either.  

I saw an article awhile back that talked about how Trump didn't do well in Utah.  They listed several reasons, but the two I recall are that his morals vastly differ from ours, and also that LDS people tend to be more educated.  

Lest anyone be offended, I don't have a college education either.  

I didn't mean to imply you were suggesting that, only that I do find it interesting how certain media outlets do seem to use this to make the point that only some one stupid would vote for Trump. The trouble is it is far more complicated than that. I have to say that when I learned who the front runners were (now nominees), I just felt bad for the American people not having a good choice either way. Although the more I watch either candidate an interesting thing has happened - I've discovered that Donald resonates with me, and Hillary makes me want to wretch. Donald certainly says some over the top things, but a lot of them are clearly in jest to get press and others seem to be taken out of context - I'm not saying he's perfect by any stretch, but I believe he truly wants to serve the people of the united states and get your country back on track. 

Guest MormonGator
6 hours ago, LiterateParakeet said:

I don't have a college education either.  

That doesn't matter Lit. Some of the most um.."dense" (being polite here) people I know have college degrees. Yes, you can confuse wisdom with intellectual capabilities, but sometimes even people who graduate college are just plain stupid both in book smarts and street smarts. 

13 hours ago, MormonGator said:

What a handsome and charming fellow. Look at the smile and those blue eyes! 

Take it in ladies. Gator is always looking for another wife. 

Someone get that guy a "I'm a Mormon" spot already, or a TLC Sister Wives spin off show. :D

Edited by NeedleinA

Guest MormonGator
4 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

Someone get that guy a "I'm a Mormon" spot already, or a TLC Sister Wives spin off show. :D

Sister Wives II is already in development. Don't tell @zil yet.

3 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Sister Wives II is already in development. Don't tell @zil yet.

Didn't we do this one already?  I must have filed the contract, or something.  I have to say, though, you try bringing Hillary onto the compound (alive) and I am so emptying the safe and going on the lam. ;)

1 hour ago, SpiritDragon said:

I just felt bad for the American people not having a good choice either way. 

You've had "good choices" for decades and it got you here to today.  And I'm not just talking about general elections.  If I was American I'd question my criteria of what a "good choice" actually means.

Edited by anatess2

17 hours ago, LiterateParakeet said:

Correction.  Rednecks love candidates with an R next to their name.

19 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

I get what she's saying, and I don't disagree with her.  She's engaging in alliterative shenanigans to express her point, but whatever.  

Is there someone out there that doesn't believe lots of non-college-educated white male folks vote republican, because they are pro 2nd amendment, pro traditional marriage, and pro life?   If there's a catchier way to say that than Guns/Gays/Guns, I don't know what it would be.

*shrug* 

Correction:  Is there someone out there that doesn't believe lots of folks vote Republican because they are pro 2nd amendment, pro traditional marriage, and pro life?

Attributing it to uneducated white males is your classic definition for... Tat-tada...  BIGOTRY.

9 hours ago, LiterateParakeet said:

While his immoral behavior hurt Trump with Utah voters, Cruz resonated with the majority of the population.  Utah will vote for Trump in the upcoming election by the usual standards we see here.

1 hour ago, anatess2 said:

Correction:  Is there someone out there that doesn't believe lots of folks vote Republican because they are pro 2nd amendment, pro traditional marriage, and pro life?

Attributing it to uneducated white males is your classic definition for... Tat-tada...  BIGOTRY.

It is a shame.  Race is a demographic, just like age, income, education, gender, religion, family composition, gun ownership, etc.  All are worth looking at and talking about.  But yeah, when someone picks a particular race/gender combo to demonize and blame and poke fun at, yeah, there's bigotry afoot.  But darn - it's just so dang fashionable to beat up on white males these days, that nobody thinks there's anything wrong with it.  

Guest MormonGator
4 hours ago, mirkwood said:

While his immoral behavior hurt Trump with Utah voters, Cruz resonated with the majority of the population.  Utah will vote for Trump in the upcoming election by the usual standards we see here.

To me his personal behavior is sad, but that's between him and God. Cruz is certainly no choir boy, that's for sure.