Intimate Photos with spouse

Interested to know, feeling or thoughts of sending images to your wife or husband, if you live in different areas and can not see each other for more than a couple of times a year.  I am aware of the accidentally someone seeing, sending it to wrong person etc,

I would like to know the "Many" bad reason OTHER than, the WHOLE universe finding out, basically is there anything morally wrong between a husband and wife doing so, those other reason may fall under dumb reasons not to do so, I am interested in the other for right now, thanks

Maybe I was not afforded the ability to share what I am thinking correctly,  So there are 2 topics:

1.  How private/bad idea/can people see them/etc.

2.  Is it morally bad to do so?

I am looking at number 2 for right now

Edited by dz2003

Thanks for calling our answers dumb and you're welcome for the input, btw. 

I don't know that it's morally wrong... but just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. Like I said, it would invite temptation to deal with those feelings in immoral ways. So where is the good in it? To torture yourself? Also... look up Anthony Weiner. I'm sure he thought his messages would remain private. Things are kept in databases. Things you send are out there... somewhere... forever. Imagine applying for a job, your prospective boss googles you (they do that now), and for some reason these pictures of you and/or your wife pop up? 

Not worth the risk, however minimal. 

Guest MormonGator
4 minutes ago, dz2003 said:

How do even approach your Bishop on that?

The fact that you can't approach your bishop with that question should show you the questionable nature of you actions. 

You aren't being ridiculed. When you ask questions you need to accept that you won't get answers that you like. 

Edited by MormonGator

8 minutes ago, dz2003 said:

Maybe I was not afforded the ability to share what I am thinking correctly,  So there are 2 topics:

1.  How private/bad idea/can people see them/etc.

2.  Is it morally bad to do so?

I am looking at number 2 for right now

I don't see a moral problem with it, provided the images remain between you.  There are secure methods for sharing files but your mileage may vary with various Government 3 letter agencies breathlessly searching for ways to breach them.

I once asked my Bishop about Church perspective on things that happen between a wife and her husband.  His answer was that as long as nothing is coerced or illegal, have at.  We didn't specifically talk about sharing pictures but that certainly fall in that category, with the aforementioned caveats.

The problem is if you do that when you're physically separated from your wife, images like that can tempt you to do other things...

Guest MormonGator
3 minutes ago, dz2003 said:

MormonGator, there are a lot of things that are ok within the realm of a marriage that would be "embarrassing" to ask a Bishop

Perhaps there are conversations that might be awkward with your bishop, but if you can't even broach the subject, that's a problem in itself. It might be with the bishop or it might be with you. 

In the end, I salute you for trying to spice things up with your wife. I really do. I think religious people can be prudish and forget that marriage is supposed to be fun and you are supposed to enjoy life. I just don't think you are going about this right way. 

In the end, knock yourself out. If you want to do this I can't say it's immoral. It's just a bad idea practically. 

MormonGator, maybe some people just don't really fell comfortable with others, I go to Church sit in that back, my work consists of sitting a a char working designing online, don't have friends if I go to the movies I go alone, same with dinner, family lives 3 states away.  So I don't know the Bishop at all, nor the members, in fact I don't think they even know me I have never been given a calling since after years of being here.  I guess it would fall under feeling awkward 

17 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

The fact that you can't approach your bishop with that question should show you the questionable nature of you actions. 

You aren't being ridiculed. When you ask questions you need to accept that you won't get answers that you like. 

It was more on the way Eowyn saying I had called the answers dumb and just a hint of sarcasm of "oh your welcome for the answers btw

15 minutes ago, dz2003 said:

That is why I am asking "strangers" hopefully most or some are Members, so that I won't be made fun of and ridiculed

LDS bishops aren't really big on making fun of/ridiculing people within their stewardship.

12 minutes ago, dz2003 said:

Gosh I feel more harassed by members more judged than non members, ya maybe you guys have it all lucky and don't have to live away from your wife for the next 6 years.

"Harassed"?  So far as I can tell, all that has happened is that some folks gave answers you didn't like, you answered in such a way as to suggest (perhaps ambiguously) contempt for said answers, and they called you on it.  Meh--we all have misunderstandings.  We resolve them, and move on.

And, if you'll forgive me for parsing your posts so closely, I have to ask:  you can consider people who live within a couple hundred miles of--or in the same nation-state as--their spouses "lucky", since most folks I know would just call that "planning"?  What unforeseen economic or political catastrophe occurred to make it physically impossible for you to be in your wife's proximity more frequently than two or three times per year?

5 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

LDS bishops aren't really big on making fun of/ridiculing people within their stewardship.

"Harassed"?  So far as I can tell, all that has happened is that some folks gave answers you didn't like, you answered in such a way as to suggest (perhaps ambiguously) contempt for said answers, and they called you on it.  Meh--we all have misunderstandings.  We resolve them, and move on.

And, if you'll forgive me for parsing your posts so closely, I have to ask:  you can consider people who live within a couple hundred miles of--or in the same nation-state as--their spouses "lucky", since most folks I know would just call that "planning"?  What unforeseen economic or political catastrophe occurred to make it physically impossible for you to be in your wife's proximity more frequently than two or three times per year?

It was more on the way Eowyn saying I had called the answers dumb and just a hint of sarcasm of "oh your welcome for the answers btw

The reason we are apart is not any lack of planning, there are reasons well beyond our control, just like someone women who can't bare children no lack of planning on their part. Or someone serving no lack of planning there, or truck drivers etc, many good people who may not see their families often

Edited by dz2003

5 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Let's be fair.  The first few responses didn't answer his question.  Just reasons not to which didn't address the question of morality, which was the point of the OP.