We just signed up for snobby organic grocery delivery

Backroads

4 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Can I just say that whole wheat, organic, GMO free spaghetti is completely and totally disgusting?  Ok.  I'll say it. 

Whole wheat, organic, GMO free spaghetti is completely and totally disgusting.

You can inform Mrs. Carb that home made whole wheat spaghetti noodles are even healthier and taste better!

That's saying, of course, that she learns how to make it the proper way...of course.

Fresh home made noodles can be much better than anything you buy in the store...organic or non-organic.  Time consuming though.  I suppose the same holds true for many things made completely from scratch.

I was reminded that I should thank my wife and be very grateful to her the other day.  She had spent 5 hours in the kitchen making dinner, so when I asked if she had done anything that day...and she glared at me a little...I knew I had gone the wrong direction.   I remembered something (and sometimes we forget the same thing over and over again...though we shouldn't) I should always remember...that it can be hard work putting together a good home made meal at times, depending on what it is, especially if you grind your own wheat and other things.  She had spent the day in the kitchen.  I did remember to tell her that the meal was absolutely fabulous and fantastic though.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 7:56 AM, Backroads said:

I finally are a Twinkie for the first time this past spring. 

I was surprised to find them tasty.

I have a grandson allergic to Twinkies.  Luckily he doesn't really like them.  We still do not know what it is inside of them that he is allergic to.  When he eats them he breaks out into one giant Hive.

1 hour ago, zil said:

You say this as if there were another way to make them.  This is the only way to make pancakes and waffles.  If a box is involved, something is wrong.  Very wrong.

Well, the flour is in a box... I guess I shoulda picked the Gold Medal one that's in a bag.  :P

4 hours ago, person0 said:

We started using a service where we order and pay for our groceries online, then we drive to the store and they put it in our car.  We don't buy anything labeled 'organic', but this is a huge time saver for us as well.  I think I'm too frugal to be willing to pay for actual home delivery, at least with our current income.

I plan to do this this summer when, for the first time ever, I'm going to do my long travels without my kiddos... I'm gonna do the grocery shopping online for the kiddos to pick up and I'll have the meal prep list prepared for them.  Then I know they're not ordering pizza everyday.

9 minutes ago, zil said:

OK.  Never heard of it.  But whatever makes your waffles and pancakes is fine by me. :)

Ohhh!!! You gotta have Mochiko pancakes!  You'll never iHop it ever again!

10003590-sweet-rice-flour-xl.jpg

The pancakes made with these are very filling, so 2 small pancakes is all my kids need.  Little pancakes, little syrup.  Win!

Edited by anatess2

On 7/29/2017 at 1:57 PM, Backroads said:

I don't recall if this came up here or at some other forum (I think it was here) of the pros and cons of joining Winder Farms delivery and there was some debate about organic and clean and whatever else food.

Yeah, well, we signed up today. At the Farmers' Marker where I am drenched in hipster sweat. And they even offset our sign-up cost with a basket of fresh, weird produce. 

Honestly, I don't know if it's healthier or if they're actually organic, but it sounded convenient and may prevent us from running out of Foot Path's milk  at midnight on Saturday night.

Years ago we signed up for Winder Farms home delivery. I enjoyed the service.  It was handy, and I made fewer trips to the grocery store.  Then I quit my job and we couldn’t afford it any longer. I rather miss the convenience.

11 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

I have a matching pair.  @zil

pens.jpg

Link doesn't work for me, but if I enable enough JS, it tries to get me to click on pictures of Asian women it implies want to have sex with me - though one of the images suggested I wasn't man enough to handle the women there - which is actually true...  I re-disabled that server's rights to run JS in my browser.

3 hours ago, zil said:

Link doesn't work for me, but if I enable enough JS, it tries to get me to click on pictures of Asian women it implies want to have sex with me - though one of the images suggested I wasn't man enough to handle the women there - which is actually true...  I re-disabled that server's rights to run JS in my browser.

Sorry it was supposed to be Asian men, that way I covered you and @anatess2.

Edited by mirkwood

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, NeuroTypical said:

Remember folks, it's important to protect yourself from non-GMO evil!  Even if it means using (gasp) two bags in the checkout line!

GMOOrganicIntegrity.jpg.27079606a3ac9d1d2228b7c6e8c98902.jpg

Couldn't figure out how to phrase... "organic costs twice more than regular produce... what, you trying to cheat our cashiers into ringing your organic for the cheap?"