Single men over 30, divorcees and the Temple

Maureen

@Maureen. Hi! I was surprised when I saw this announcement because there is no problem with single men over 30 or divorced people where I live nor has this been a problem in recent memory. When I had my interview they asked if I had been divorced within the last 6 years. I wonder if they tried out the policy in some remote areas like mine before changing the policy? 

What is MDDB? Mormon divorced and delighted bulletin?

33 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

@Maureen. Hi! I was surprised when I saw this announcement because there is no problem with single men over 30 or divorced people where I live nor has this been a problem in recent memory. When I had my interview they asked if I had been divorced within the last 6 years. I wonder if they tried out the policy in some remote areas like mine before changing the policy? 

What is MDDB? Mormon divorced and delighted bulletin?

That's very interesting. MDDB is the Mormon Dialogue and Discussion Board.

M.

5 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Mormon Dialog and Discussion Board.  Like us, but with critics bringing their best arguments and debate and stuff.

After quickly checking it out, I noticed at least a couple of forum members here participate in that one as well.  Looks like they use the same forum software too.  I have a hard enough time keeping up with just this one forum!

I just found out last Sunday that... at least in Washington DC... there's a Middle Single Adult Ward.  Basically, a ward for single people who aged out of YSA.  There's no age limit on the MSA.  From what I understand, the MSA are large wards!

12 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

I just found out last Sunday that... at least in Washington DC... there's a Middle Single Adult Ward.  Basically, a ward for single people who aged out of YSA.  There's no age limit on the MSA.  From what I understand, the MSA are large wards!

Yeah there are a lot of Single Adult wards in the DC area (my building holds 2 YSA wards and 1 SA ward). Lots as well in Vegas. 

On August 27, 2017 at 5:57 PM, zil said:

I'm thinking this could lead to "Singles Night at the Temple" - where you get set up on the equivalent of a blind date...  Might want to double check that the sealing you're about to, um, engage in is proxy work... :eek:

True story: when I was 29 and working in the temple, there was a guy from my YSA award who switched shifts from Friday night to Saturday morning (one of my shifts) due to a change in his work schedule. The first shift he was there, we both know need up being assigned as patrons in a sealing session. The sealer was his father. For some reason, it's way less awkward feeling for me to be proxy sealed to some guy I've never met before who is at least 40 years my senior than someone from my YSA ward while his dad is the sealer. 

On 8/27/2017 at 6:03 PM, NeuroTypical said:

Mormon Dialog and Discussion Board.  Like us, but with critics bringing their best arguments and debate and stuff.

That was their best???

I spent some time there.  Not much different than I've seen here except the moderators seem to favor them.  My FIL was banned because he coined a new phrase that someone deemed offensive.  No warnings, no nothing.  But anti-Mormons say the most offensive things all the time and never get banned.

Edited by Guest