Biggest LDS related news according to the Trib

the Ogre

12 hours ago, Grunt said:

I'm gone before him.  I NEED a filter between brain and my mouth.  I'm surprised I didn't get tossed from Principles class this week.  Being a Mormon is harder than I thought.

Not meaning to doubt your word @Grunt but this is kind of hard to imagine. We've all been reading your posts with great interest for about 7 months now and I can't remember you ever saying a word out of place or being anything other than courteous and respectful. Now I'm full of curiousity about what happened. Did you suddenly forget where you are and use your Master Sergeant voice? :) 

10 minutes ago, askandanswer said:

Not meaning to doubt your word @Grunt but this is kind of hard to imagine. We've all been reading your posts with great interest for about 7 months now and I can't remember you ever saying a word out of place or being anything other than courteous and respectful. Now I'm full of curiousity about what happened. Did you suddenly forget where you are and use your Master Sergeant voice? :) 

No.  They asked if I had read the Proclamation and I replied that the missionaries gave it to me, but I spilled beer on it.  The phrase "silence was deafening" comes to mind.

On 1/1/2018 at 9:06 AM, the Ogre said:
  • President Monson skipping general conference due to health and age.
  • President Monson essentially retires.

When I woke this morning and read the news and after I said my prayers thanking The L-rd for President Monson and his decades of hard work, I immediately thought about this thread. I love President Monson and when I posted this thread I wanted to guage people's reactions to the Trib's reporting (I was a little surprised at the rancor, but I should not have been). Personally, when I read the story about President Monson needing to stay home because of the effects health, age, and a life of hard work and travel back in September I think it was, I was not sad for President Monson. He was ninety and had worked hard his entire life for the church and the picture accompanying the photo showed him with some great-grandchildren and I thought then that that's what I want when I am ninety. I want to be able to sit in a recliner in my old age and to be surrounded by children.

I am so happy the church was led by such a great man. I am eternally grateful for the gift of his service and the love that radiated from him every time he spoke or appeared in public. We are fortunate as Latter-day Saints to have leaders like President Monson. When I posted the story above, I was not worried about anything going astray with the church when President Monson needed to stay home because the organization of the leadership of the church is amazing and is established for continuity and smoothness of operation. 

President Monson's call for the disaffected to come back still resonates with me and I know while he was the person who said it, he was only voicing the hopes and wishes of the L-rd.