Apparent misunderstanding

pwrfrk

It seems I misunderstood what this forum is for.  I ask questions, and they are repeated called "stupid questions" and "stupid comments".  What I say or ask has been repeatedly taken out of context.

I ask these questions (and the statements as well) in the Gospel Discussion section.  I ask sincerely, hoping to get answers.  Instead, insults...?  I'm not the only one that sees this, and I know I'm not the only non-Mormon here, either.

I'm not Mormon yet.  Keep that in mind.  Trying to return, yes.  But I'm not there yet.  If you guys said the same garbage to me in person, I'd file a "behavior unbecoming of a priesthood holder" complaint.  Some of you gave honest answers as best as you could.  Some of you simply do not care.

Remember- Matthew 25:40-45.

In the mean time, I'm outta here. 

2 hours ago, pwrfrk said:

It seems I misunderstood what this forum is for.  I ask questions, and they are repeated called "stupid questions" and "stupid comments".  What I say or ask has been repeatedly taken out of context.

I ask these questions (and the statements as well) in the Gospel Discussion section.  I ask sincerely, hoping to get answers.  Instead, insults...?  I'm not the only one that sees this, and I know I'm not the only non-Mormon here, either.

I'm not Mormon yet.  Keep that in mind.  Trying to return, yes.  But I'm not there yet.  If you guys said the same garbage to me in person, I'd file a "behavior unbecoming of a priesthood holder" complaint.  Some of you gave honest answers as best as you could.  Some of you simply do not care.

Sorry to see you leave.  I don't think your questions are taken out of context at all.  I think you ask inflammatory or trolling questions at times.  Other times your questions or insight is great.  If you are sincerely considering the Church, I don't understand how some of your questions help that pursuit.  

If it seems your questions are constantly attacked, perhaps you should step back and look at the quality and intent of your questions.  Maybe the problem isn't "everyone else".  In the meantime, I hope you stick around.

Guest MormonGator
9 hours ago, pwrfrk said:

Sorry it came to this. I apologize if I ever made you feel uncomfortable. 

@pwrfrk

You are missed (and this is another inactive/non-militant ex speaking).  A balancing of perspectives is no less needed for it's being poorly received.  Those who return angry echoes aren't the only ones who hear your words.  i am sure many silent people feel some hope knowing another good person shares their thoughts.  i hope you will reconsider. 

6 hours ago, Vort said:

Only by me. I apologize.

#FakeNews.  

By me also.  If I misinterpreted his intent, then I apologize as well.  However, I believe that in order to facilitate honest and engaging content, it is important that we call out content that is intended to be neither.  Sometimes I make mistakes and am absolutely willing to admit them when pointed out.  

Feel free to leave the forum, or stay, whichever you do is unlikely to have any eternal consequence. However, if you are on your way back to returning to church, I earnestly encourage you to continue with that walk as it will most definitely have eternal consequences, whether you continue to return, or turn away. Lasting and true happiness lies with the gospel of Jesus Christ as administered by His church. 

On 7/22/2018 at 5:41 AM, pwrfrk said:

Well, there's one thing for sure in this forum.  It is an equal opportunity offender.  Doesn't matter if you're member, non-member, almost-member, never-member... like anywhere else on the internet, if you ask a question you're going to get answers - some you'll like, others you won't like.  We're not all stepford wives - we each have our own personalities and daily mood swings that seeps into online (and IRL) conversations.  The normal reaction on the internet is to take those you like, ignore those you don't like.  My advice to all internet users - avoid echo chambers by going out of your comfort zone and face those you don't like just to see if they got merit.

But hey, you do you.  We're not the ones to "convert" you.  The Holy Spirit does.

And that's all I got to say about that.

I am certainly by no means a troll.  The questions I ask are sincere.  Do you understand them?  I dunno.  Do you need to?

What bothered me so much is that you or the next guy may know the answer, but I'm asking because...I don't know the answer.  You may have access via other means, or you may have read article or speeches elsewhere that gives you this information.  I don't have access to those, or maybe I havn't read those.

I forgive those that offended me, no matter if you apologized, because, well, this whole thing is really so minor, it is foolish to hold a grudge over something this small.  Except for Anatess2.

Anatess2, you scare me.

You sound so much like an ex-girlfriend I had 20+ years ago....