Contradiction

Guest gibs0n2

Guest gibs0n2

Micah 5:2 "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting."

Jesus was prophecied to be born in Bethlehem, and that prophecy came true. Yet the Mormon Bible says,

Alma 7: 10 "And behold, he shall be born of Mary, at Jerusalem which is the land of our forefathers, she being a virgin..."

Thats interesting.... Jerusalem and Bethlehem are hardly the same. Contradictory.

heres another:

Moroni 8:8 says that children aren't capable of sinning. But Psalms 51:5 says children are born into sinfulness and can sin.

last couple i have to ask is this:

why does numbers 3:10 say "Appoint Aaron and his sons to serve as priests; anyone else who approaches the sanctuary must be put to death."

Yet 2 Nephi 5:26 says "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did consecrate Jacob and Joseph, that they should be priests and teachers over the land of my people."

Why did the Jews in the Americas (which already have no archeological evidence of existing there) build temples when the Jews in Israel believed the temple at Jerusalem was the only true House of God?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And your point is? Perhaps in your zeal to show us the error of our ways you failed to read the simple rules of LDSTalk. Those rules say that you are welcome to come here and share your opinion of your beliefs. We welcome others of other faiths and beliefs to come and share what it is that they believe. We do not welcome those who come here to attack our beliefs. Of the two groups which would you say that you belong? From what I have read so far I would say someone to attack our beliefs but will wait for your statement of what your purpose is here.

Ben Raines

Micah 5:2 "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting."

Jesus was prophecied to be born in Bethlehem, and that prophecy came true. Yet the Mormon Bible says,

Alma 7: 10 "And behold, he shall be born of Mary, at Jerusalem which is the land of our forefathers, she being a virgin..."

Thats interesting.... Jerusalem and Bethlehem are hardly the same. Contradictory.

I have no problem answering your questions but first allow me to clear up your misconception....if you are refering to "The Book of Mormon" as the Mormon Bible" then you are incorrect....the Mormon Bible is the King James version. The Book of Mormon is another testiment of Jesus Christ. So please, in the future refer to the Bible as the Bible and the Book of Mormon as the Book of Mormon. Thanks.

Now, to your questions,

I believe you have to understand just what knowledge the ancient Saints in the Americas knew about the "Land" of Jerusalem and Bethlehem. All knowledge of this was passed down verbally and the tiny suburb of Jerusalem known as Bethlehem probably didn't even exist when they originally came to the Americas so how could they know. Secondly, as a for instance...ask anyone where Disneyland is located and they will tell you in Los Angeles but in fact it is in the small town of Anahiem, or ask where the New York Jets play their games...most will say in New Yok when in fact they play in New Jersey. My point is unless you live in these places you are unfamilar with them. They ancient Saints only knew of the "Land" called Jerusalem...not the city nor the tiny suburb of Bethlehem.

heres another:

Moroni 8:8 says that children aren't capable of sinning. But Psalms 51:5 says children are born into sinfulness and can sin.

This one easily explains itself. All children are born into a sinful world or born into sinfulness. But what is missing through centuries of translation and has been made known to us through the power and gift of God is that children are incapable of sin until they reach the age of accountability which is 8 years old.

Does your church teach that babies and toddlers are sinners? And if they die before accepting Christ they burn in hell? Really?

why does numbers 3:10 say "Appoint Aaron and his sons to serve as priests; anyone else who approaches the sanctuary must be put to death."

Yet 2 Nephi 5:26 says "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did consecrate Jacob and Joseph, that they should be priests and teachers over the land of my people."

Good question....so tell me oh enlightened one....What makes you think that Nephi, Jacob and Joseph were not desendants of Aaron? Or "sons" of Aaron as it were?

Why did the Jews in the Americas (which already have no archeological evidence of existing there) build temples when the Jews in Israel believed the temple at Jerusalem was the only true House of God?

Oh contrare (sp?) Obiwan....there is mounting evidence of ancient civilizations living in the Americas. I am sure you are an expert in such matters. Please, pray tell....explain just where the Mayans came from? Or the indiginous people of North America? Explain Machu Pichu for us all....please? The Mayan temples perhaps?

As far as you other question regarding Temples.....remember after Christ died the Temple was destroyed...but that's another story. But before that happened the Temple in Jerusalem stood...corrupt as it was it was there. But now down to brass tacks.....your question, "Why did the Jews in the Americas build temples when the Jews in Israel believed the temple at Jerusalem was the only true House of God?" The answer.....get ready for it.....

Here it comes..........

Hold onto your hat...........

because God told them to!!!!!

heres another:

here we go again.......

heres another:

Do you believe in the bible?

If so, do you know that there are contridictions in the bible as well?

heres another:

Well, I'm convinced. Why did I not see these obvious problems ever before? Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, Gib, for pointing out these things. You must be some kind of genius to point out such obvious contradictions that nobody has ever seen or shown to Mormons before. How was I ever so blinded by those evil Mormons with their human sacrifices and driving on the wrong side of the road? :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

<div class='quotemain'>

heres another:

Well, I'm convinced. Why did I not see these obvious problems ever before? Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, Gib, for pointing out these things. You must be some kind of genius to point out such obvious contradictions that nobody has ever seen or shown to Mormons before. How was I ever so blinded by those evil Mormons with their human sacrifices and driving on the wrong side of the road? :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Don't forget the double secret ninja meetings and handshakes, as well as the horn pulling parties in the graveyard as we offer goat sacrifices to Joe Smith...

<div class='quotemain'>

I was asked once if we believed in Electricity.....I replied with...may I send you my electric bil each month.......I was never asked that again.....LOL!!!!!

But Pale:

DO YOU HAVE AFAITHA, IN THE POWER OF ELECTRICITYA, TO LIGHTA, YOUR AHOUSEA?!

BY THE APOWERA OF THOMASA EDISONA, LETTA THERE BE ALIGHTA!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gib,

Why did Jesus claim he was the sacrifice for sin, and our High Priest, when Jesus was of the Tribe of Judah, and Moses only authorized the Tribe of Levi and, specifically, the descendants of Aaron to be High Priests?

Guess that means Jesus was a fake and the New Testament is based on a fraud. :huh:

Oh wait, you mean you can subject LDS beliefs to a standard of Truth that your own beliefs can't stand up to? Hmmm, what did Jesus say about that?

"For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." (Matt. 7:2)

My point? Think before you fixate on silly "contradictions," because the New Testament is full of them.

Haha!!!

I love that!!! :wow:

I guess you don't have to listen and converse when you know you are right. (Little voice whispers in my ear). Oh? Jesus listened and conversed, even though he was always right?

VERILY . . .

was wondering....going off topic.....did you like Mr Huckabee's reply when asked if Jesus was for or against the death penalty.......it was a great answer

<div class='quotemain'>

I guess you don't have to listen and converse when you know you are right. (Little voice whispers in my ear). Oh? Jesus listened and conversed, even though he was always right?

VERILY . . .

was wondering....going off topic.....did you like Mr Huckabee's reply when asked if Jesus was for or against the death penalty.......it was a great answer

By way of disclosure, I only saw it through the lense of Hardball. Matthews is opposed to the death penalty, so his show's handling was particularly interesting. They (he had a body-language expert on) noted his sincerity, and his demonstration of compassion combined with resolve. Yeah...it was a great answer.

I was underwhelmed by Gullioni and sensed that Mitt was trying too hard to explain himself, instead of passionately sharing his vision.