Don't know why I resigned

Tyme

I'm trying to remember why I resigned. I can't remember and have no idea. All I know is the night before I resigned I had a dream of being in church with President Monson then being under the tree of life. I wish I would have kept a journal because details are slowly fading. It's amazing that I resigned after having that dream. I still did despite the dream. *perplexed*

Edited by Tyme

1 hour ago, Tyme said:

I'm trying to remember why I resigned. I can't remember and have no idea. All I know is the night before I resigned I had a dream of being in church with President Monson then being under the tree of life. I wish I would have kept a journal because details are slowly fading. It's amazing that I resigned after having that dream. I still did despite the dream. *perplexed*

Sometimes brother I think the Lord sends us prophetic dreams not because it will change our behaivors that instant, but to give us something to spur us to change later. I don't claim to have that gift, but I've had sacred dreams before that helped motivate me to make long term changes. Maybe that was why the Lord sent you that dream (it sure seems like a special one to me).

42 minutes ago, Midwest LDS said:

Sometimes brother I think the Lord sends us prophetic dreams not because it will change our behaivors that instant, but to give us something to spur us to change later. I don't claim to have that gift, but I've had sacred dreams before that helped motivate me to make long term changes. Maybe that was why the Lord sent you that dream (it sure seems like a special one to me).

It definitely made me think twice about resigning. I think you're right the dream was more for the future. That was the first and only spiritual dream I've ever had.

I know God has always had me in the palm of his hand. That me resigning was all part of the plan. I'm coming back stronger than ever. It wouldn't have happened if I didn't resign. I also believe God allowed me to and possibly I even chose to have schizophrenia. It's made me a better person overall. I'm more humble and compassionate from what I can tell. I'll even say that as difficult as schizophrenia is it is the best thing to ever happen to me.

On 11/20/2018 at 8:31 PM, Tyme said:

I'm sorry, but don't understand. What did you resign from? Your job? Your calling? The church? What?

And did the dream make you think you had made the wrong decision? 

In my research of the early church, I've come to think dreams involving trees can be highly significant. If it was of God, I recommend that you do some prayer and fasting, then ask God that if the dream was of Him, that He repeat it to you with the interpretation. It never hurts to pray for forgiveness, too. One thing I've learned is that God, the Bishop, the missionaries--no one but us--benefits more from our membership and activity in the church. And with the movies and garbage we watch on television and see in movies, it's difficult to gain the Spirit of God and to keep it. In the early days, the people found it easier to get and to keep the Spirit of God because they weren't constantly being assailed by all this filth that we do today.