When life is burning you out?

Emmanuel Goldstein

Man... I am so busy I don’t have time to feel overwhelmed

but honestly, an hour of video games, a good night rest, early rise, exercise, healthy breakfast, and reading a good book along with scriptures.

I find that if I can feel successful in the morning, my day goes great!  If my morning is perfect, the rest of my day is prefect. If I sleep in and don’t exercise, the rest of my day is shot. 

Edited by Fether

“When we put God first, all other things fall into their proper place or drop out of our lives.” – Ezra Taft Benson

I find that when I am doing those little daily things—prayer, scripture study, repentance, service, etc.—that put God first in my life, then my burden is actually lighter. When we prioritize those things that matter most, the things that matter very little become of so much lesser importance. See Matthew 11:28-30.

16 hours ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

What do you do when you feel overwhelmed by life and just don't see the point any longer?

I believe you're feeling weltschmerz.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2018/10/believe-love-do?lang=eng

Literally translated, it means "world pain" or in context "life pain" (pain of the world we live in).   In fact, I believe "malaise" would be a better translation than "pain".

"Malaise from the world we live in".

We can too easily get caught up in witnessing, fighting, and defending against the evils of the world.  But part of the test of life is to see if we can rise above it.  Will we reach out to the Savior for help and strength?  And more importantly, can we become the instruments in his hands to lift others out of it?  Service, service, service.

Feed his sheep.

Edited by Guest