priesthoodpower

Pastor with Prophetic Vision

I have an idea for an outreach to the nation of Israel that takes into consideration your LDS doctrine of Multiple Mortal Probations.  I explained it here:

A major outreach by Latter day Saints to the nation of Israel will grab the attention of Pentecostals all over the world.... and an opportunity for your churches to begin to cooperate more should be created???

It also uses some of the Dr. Ian Stevenson research and a detail from the ancient Book of Adam and Eve that was preserved into our time period only in the Coptic Ethiopian language.  

Chapter 69
Twelfth apparition of Satan to Adam and Eve, while Adam was praying over the offering on the altar; when Satan beat him.

1 Then Satan, the hater of all good, envious of Adam and of his offering through which he found favor with God, hastened and took a sharp stone from among the sharp iron stones; appeared in the form of a man, and went and stood by Adam and Eve. 2 Adam was then offering on the altar, and had begun to pray, with his hands spread before God. 3 Then Satan hastened with the sharp iron stone he had with him, and with it pierced Adam on the right side, from which flowed blood and water, then Adam fell on the altar like a corpse. And Satan fled. 4 Then Eve came, and took Adam and placed him below the altar. And there she stayed, crying over him; while a stream of blood flowed from Adam's side over his offering. 5 But God looked at the death of Adam. He then sent His Word, and raised him up and said to him, "Fulfill your offering, for indeed, Adam, it is worth much, and there is no shortcoming in it." (The Book of Adam and Eve)

Edited by DennisTate
add comment

3 hours ago, DennisTate said:

I have an idea for an outreach to the nation of Israel that takes into consideration your LDS doctrine of Multiple Mortal Probations.  

We don't believe in multiple mortal probations. It is not taught in our scriptures or by any of our prophets and anyone teaching such a doctrine is not who you should be listening to to understand our doctrine.

Here is how we are reaching out to the nation of Israel: we teach the fullness of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Sadly, as scriptural prophecy indicates they will not embrace the truth as a nation until He comes again and saves them from their enemies.

On 8/9/2020 at 7:39 PM, priesthoodpower said:

How would you reply if a stalwart, straight as an arrow family member of yours who was a former bishop and now resides in the stake presidency texted you this.

"We believe that non-members can receive visions too, so, not to scare you but to be better prepared, we as members always knew this was coming but I just didnt know so soon!"

https://youtu.be/6TdpMSMP9x4

On the other hand....  many warnings in Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and in the minor prophets were avoided or at least delayed when people repented after they accepted a warning.  

This scary dream could be a valid warning... that can be avoided if we repent.....

an article on near death experience accounts does a good job of explaining the logic of this......

https://www.near-death.com/science/research/future.html#a03

On 9/13/2020 at 10:13 AM, DennisTate said:

On the other hand....  many warnings in Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and in the minor prophets were avoided or at least delayed when people repented after they accepted a warning.  

This scary dream could be a valid warning... that can be avoided if we repent.....

an article on near death experience accounts does a good job of explaining the logic of this......

https://www.near-death.com/science/research/future.html#a03

The great thing about the book of mormon is that it documents the cycle of civilizations that have risen and fallen in the ancient Americas based on their righteousness/wickedness. Its actually really simple to predict the destructive outcomes from human behavior but because humans are so greedy/stubborn we become blinded and need prophets (and "scary dreams") to remind us.

Those NDE experiences you share are awesome but to be quite honest, nothing new or ground breaking. The more I learn about enlightened spiritual teachings from various sources, the more it sounds like its based on...Jesus's teachings.

Here is a quote from your NDE website....

"I was told that the world could be saved, not by its leaders, but by prayer groups throughout the world. I was told that the prayers of a group of twenty could save a nation from war. I was told that the fate of mankind rested on our ability, individually and collectively, to change the direction of mankind in accordance with God's plan ... Depending on mankind's response to God, these events may be altered, postponed, or cancelled." (Ned Dougherty)

...and here is what mormons have been doing for 200 years 

Well 2020 has been quite the year in the US with the pandemic, the Protests, and now the Fires.  There is smoke all the way across the nation now from the fires on the West Coast.  My wife warned me that there was going to be a smoky day out, but from a cloud of smoke that apparently is traveling eastwards.