Announcing: You Tube Thread!

Elphaba

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got this one at work and thought it was great! Hope it makes you laugh!!!

One Semester of Spanish - Love Song

:lolsign:

That was hysterical!

I used to have a hispanic boyfriend who would talk to me in Spanish. It really made me, uh, well, hmm, well, you know! I felt like Morticia while Gomez held her arm, kissing it and speaking Spanish between each kiss.

Oh, my.

Elphaba

I wish I had even a portion of that talent.

Hey Pam,

My Big Sis, Elphi, took me to see Fleetwood Mac, before my mission, too many years ago. I have loved them ever since. But if you fallow the lives, the band members lead, and are still living today, you may not wish for all that talent.

For those who don't have a clue as to what I'm talking about, go back to the first page of this thread, and play Big Love, from YOUTUBE

We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

Joseph Smith

<div class='quotemain'>

I wish I had even a portion of that talent.

Hey Pam,

My Big Sis, Elphi, took me to see Fleetwood Mac, before my mission, too many years ago. I have loved them ever since. But if you fallow the lives, the band members lead, and are still living today, you may not wish for all that talent.

For those who don't have a clue as to what I'm talking about, go back to the first page of this thread, and play Big Love, from YOUTUBE

We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

Joseph Smith

For those who don't know what song my brother is referring to, it is Lindsey Buckingham's acoustic version of

, and I still love it!

Elphaba

September 27 would have been Glenn Gould's 75th anniversary. Here he is playing the the Courante from Bach's Partita No 4.

The Toronto Star wrote:

Will there ever be another Glenn Gould?

<snip>

Popular culture in 2007 is much different from that of 60 years ago, when Gould made his Massey Hall debut with the Toronto Symphony. One of the keys... lies in North American middle-class musical culture of the 1930s, '40s and '50s, according to Gould biographer Kevin Bazzana. "Nearly half of middle-class adults had a relationship with classical music at that time," says Bazzana...

I remember once visiting grandparents as a little boy, probably in the early '70s. Their open door created an endless riot of family and friends indoors. Yet, that afternoon, everything came to a halt because Gould was going to be on TV. Adults and kids were silenced as the black-and-white TV set flickered to life. For the next half hour, we were transfixed by the image of a strange man humming, gesticulating, practically crouched at his keyboard, weaving magical piano music.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had one of Gould's records that my father listened to over and over. My father, with all his faults, loved classical music and we had quite an education as children.

So I learned to love Gould for two reasons: 1) it kept my father occupied, and 2) of course the astonishing music that meant magic and safety to me. However, I had never seen him before today, and so the YouTube was quite an eye-opener to me.

Here's the article: The Star: Glenn Gould Concert Pianist

Elphaba

I am faint. I am dizzy. I am undone.

I have waited for this for a year, and now we have a Preview.

Introducing Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, played by. . . sigh . . . I'm catching my breath . . . Johnny Depp!

Sweeney Todd

It is directed by Tim Burton, and it will be in theatres in December.

I have even purchased the DVD that features Angela Lansbury, and watched it so many times that I will walk into the theatre and not miss a note, a word, a slash of the throat, a drop of blood.

It's a great trailer.

Elphaba