Announcing: You Tube Thread!

Elphaba

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new favorite song and musician... :):):):):)

YouTube - Eva Cassidy Fields Of Gold @ Blues Alley

I looooove Eva Cassidy! I 'discovered' her about 4 years ago and now every once in a while I have an Eva Cassidy afternoon where I have her CD on repeat so I can sing her songs whilst I do my housework with my two-year old daughter trying to sing it all too...lol It's great! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Feel like being taken by the wind?

I remember living up in the avenues in the '70s, and, when no one else was home, I'd get into my "Stevie Nicks" outfit. This included my frothy skirts made from every sort of white you can imagine, and a worn out top hat. I'd found everything at the DI, and was extremely careful no one in my apartment saw them.

Once they were all finally out of the house, I'd put on my outfit, then I'd blast the "record," the real thing for those of you so young you've never seen real vinyl. I still have those records to this day!

I'd sing my heart out, knowing I only have a five-note range where I am actually in tune. I wasn't boring, lackluster Elphaba. Oh, no. I WAS Stevie Nicks! and I was singing Rhiannon, Landslide, The Chain, Tell me Lies. And then I sang Tusk! I LOVED Tusk!

I also pretended Lindsey Buckingham thought I was hot!

Elphaba

• 3 weeks later...

Jacie"s CelticAir Band/she is the National Fiddlers Champion...

Idaho Falls

Celtic Air Band

As Jacie's bow touched the strings I heard "true pitch" and performances that absolutely astounded me. I watched as her graceful fingers danced across the strings, as she artfully moved the bow, and I heard song after song play with soulful precision. The joy and emotion she felt as she played, clearly came through and touched my heart. She is truly phenomenal !"

• 2 weeks later...