Is anyone else confused?!

mikbone

24 minutes ago, LDSGator said:

How often do you get accused of being a Nazi? Most of the people I “debate” with (even online, even leftists) don’t call me a “Nazi.”

Just a theory, but when debating with Trumpers you are far more likely to be called names. 

Oh I've been called a lot of names, including Nazi, by the political left.  In person and online (mostly online.)  I disagree with your theory (far more likely part.)

Just now, mirkwood said:

Oh I've been called a lot of names, including Nazi, by the political left.  In person and online (mostly online.)  I disagree with your theory (far more likely part.)

No worries. Our experiences are very different. Even being the sole conservative in my major (yup, I was literally it) during college it never sunk to that level with my liberal/leftist classmates. 

41 minutes ago, LDSGator said:

How often do you get accused of being a Nazi? 

Oh, I get some sort of horrible smack talk at least weekly.  Youtube comment sections, twitter and TikTok are cesspools where I can duke it out with the rest of the lowest class humans out there.  Facebook is usually less horrible, because folks have their real names tied to their comments.  But even then, here's a screen grab from when Trump was prez:

image.png.af0a8ebb2684182c3e76127fa6d838d3.png

In no way is there anything special about me.  Leftist murderous rage is endemic on social media.  It's just places where decent folk tend to not go.  This sort of stuff was everywhere when Roe V Wade got overturned:

image.thumb.png.4395a466c63428c673d2bce6fe146fb2.png

Guest Godless
5 hours ago, LDSGator said:

Just a theory, but when debating with Trumpers you are far more likely to be called names. 

Eh, the fringe elements on both sides are pretty nasty, and I'm not normally a "both sides" guy.

That being said, some of the things I've been called on Gab would have Howard Stern clutching his pearls. I obviously can't repeat that stuff verbatim here, but suffice it to say that people there think I'm some combination of black, Jewish, LGBTQ, Satanist, and/or a pedophile.

6 hours ago, LDSGator said:

No worries. Our experiences are very different. Even being the sole conservative in my major (yup, I was literally it) during college it never sunk to that level with my liberal/leftist classmates. 

Interesting, I have the same degree and I also hid the fact I was a police officer because of the leftism.

Guest Godless
1 hour ago, mirkwood said:

Interesting, I have the same degree and I also hid the fact I was a police officer because of the leftism.

I recently spent 7ish months doing my best to conceal the fact that I'm a liberal as I've been a twice-weekly visitor of the VA hospital.

On 5/17/2023 at 8:56 AM, Carborendum said:

We only had our first in a hospital.  But since my wife almost died because of their negligence, we decided to use midwives.  The next two were by one midwife who was wonderful.  Then we moved to Colorado.  We hired a pair of midwives who seemed nice enough.  But with our 7th child, one midwife retired.  The other told us that she could no longer support us in our lifestyle choices.  I delivered the baby myself at home. 

Wow, seven children.  My brother also had seven children with his wife.  That is a heavy calling to be the father and provider of seven.  I only had four children with my wife and that is all I wanted.  Things have gotten more difficult over the years as my wife has had multiple serious health issues but the LORD has blessed us.  May the LORD bless you as you seek to raise up righteous posterity to the LORD.