" Tips" For Navigating The Site Update.

StrawberryFields

As long as there are so many moderators, theoretically this board will not dry up and blow away, however, I think the biggest challenge for this new site will be maintaining the degree of participation that LDS Talk had while avoiding the pitfalls of LDS Forum. :)

What pitfalls of LDSForum? Please explain.

When I try to alter the way threads are displayed from Ascending to Descending, in some forums such as Advice, it just keeps showing them in Ascending order.

Is there a way to see the Last post in each thread, as there was in LDSTalk, or do we just have to read the last page of the thread in order to see the last post?

When I try to alter the way threads are displayed from Ascending to Descending, in some forums such as Advice, it just keeps showing them in Ascending order.

Is there a way to see the Last post in each thread, as there was in LDSTalk, or do we just have to read the last page of the thread in order to see the last post?

On the list page, if you click on the little arrow beside the name of the last person who posted, that will take you to the last post.

Clear as mud?

Quote:

Some of these folders still won't go in descending order for me. It's frustrating.

Click on the "User CP" tab at the top of the forums and change the settings in there.

Under "User CP"; "Settings and Options"; "Edit Options";

the "Thread Display Mode" is the only place I see to change is, from "Linear - Oldest First" to "Linear - Newest First" . This puts the posts in a thread in newest first order, so that you are now reading them in reverse of the order they were posted, and makes no sense. So, "Linear-Oldest First" would be the preferred choice there.

Coming back out to the Forums - click on one of the Boards, and the main board page will have Display Options box at bottom - the Sort Order should say Descending. The Advice Board does seem to be stuck in Ascending order as default, and will not change if I click to Descending.

An option - change "From The" (Beginning) to (Last Week), and you will see the current posts.

Hope that helps somewhat. :)

why would you avoid looking at someone's profile?

Sorry, you misunderstood me...I don't wish to avoid looking at anyone's profile, it's just when I'm in posting mode I just want to access the forums/threads/posts as quickly as possible, rather than stopping along the way to read somebody's profile page...also I'm still a little confused around here, so any blip like that can throw me!! :)