" Tips" For Navigating The Site Update.

StrawberryFields

Hang in there and try to be patient... Change is hard sometimes but usually turns out better than before (at least for me it has) lol

Remember to make sure the current threads are on top by changing the thread display to desending this is done at the bottom of the fourms page.

Also I have used the QUICK LINKS at the top of this page to get around the site as well.

She's been in it already. Today she said it just won't load.

Hey another question. A picture I put in my gallery is the wrong picture. But I can't figure out how to delete it. Any ideas?

She's been in it already. Today she said it just won't load.

Hey another question. A picture I put in my gallery is the wrong picture. But I can't figure out how to delete it. Any ideas?

Never mind...I just figured it out.

Hang in there and try to be patient... Change is hard sometimes but usually turns out better than before (at least for me it has) lol

Remember to make sure the current threads are on top by changing the thread display to desending this is done at the bottom of the fourms page.

Also I have used the QUICK LINKS at the top of this page to get around the site as well.

I still can't find the "changing the thread display to desending this is done at the bottom of the fourms page" at the bottome of the page :(

Looks very much cool! Thanks for your hard work! A few items:

I couldn't log on with my old "loudmouthmormon" profile. When I logged in, it gave me the link "If this is the first time logging in since the change, you need to update your profile". But when I clicked on the link, it took me to a blank page. I was able to re-register with this new ID, which suits me fine.

When submitting a signup form with a problem in it, the form removes all the data you just spent 2 minutes entering. It would be cool if it would keep your info.

Thanks again!

LM

If you go to somebody's page that has music, there's a button that says like "create your own playlist" or something to that affect (or is it effect?!). Anyway, that takes you to a page where you can then create your own playlist (imagine that!) and then you link it in your page. :) was that clear as mud or what?!

Moksha - What kind of pitfalls? I do plan to run the site very similarly to LDS Talk. (Why fix it if it's not broken, right?) My goals with LDS Talk were always to maintain an atmosphere of mutual respect. It's an LDS site, so of course there are going to be rules, but I don't want those rules to be one-sided. Yes, it is a rule not to speak derogatory about the LDS Church, but it is also a rule not to speak derogatory about anyone's Church or anyone's beliefs.

I and the other mods really appreciate those of you who have let us know when something needs to be taken care of. Know it is never my intention to let anything go under the radar, so it's been wonderful to have those of you using report a post and other means of contacting moderators when you see something that breaks the rules. We really are lucky to have such great members of the site, who care enough about to keep the site clean and safe.

If you go to somebody's page that has music, there's a button that says like "create your own playlist" or something to that affect (or is it effect?!). Anyway, that takes you to a page where you can then create your own playlist (imagine that!) and then you link it in your page. :) was that clear as mud or what?!

Thanks sweetie.

:bowser:

Has anyone tried to put music on from the playlist website yet... I think that is the one Heather said would be okay.

Moksha - What kind of pitfalls?

The biggest pitfall was being able to watch the tumbleweeds blowing by as the only action around. :(

When Beliefnet (which is the largest religious site in the world) changed their format, they lost a huge number of members. The strictly Mormon forums there seemed like a ghost town for a few weeks. The good news is that they eventually will come back.

I am glad you will keep things running much like LDS Talk. The proviso to not speak derogatorily is a very good one that should not really interfere with discussing issues. :)

Yes, it's always hard to build up a new website, especially when there are already other websites out there with many loyal members. You really have to find your niche of what's not available and what members are looking for. I think forum and chat sites (or any site that allows user interaction) can be very difficult to build up. That being said, I hope that everyone is okay with the merger, and I'm really glad that everyone is here, including the admins and moderators from both sites.

Here's one problem I've noticed- after I click the New Posts link and it brings up all the threads with new posts, then I click the little arrow next to one of them that says Go to First New Post, it doesn't work. It just goes to the very first post in the thread. This happen to anyone else?