The United Order

My family is the holder of the best known copy of the Rules of the United Order.  For your fun and enjoyment I have printed out a copy (on my compurter not a photo copy) of the rules of the United Order.

RULES

That should be observed by members of the

UNITED ORDER

RULE 1.  We will not take the name of the Deity in vain, nor speak lightly of His character or of sacred things.

RULE 2.  We will pray with our families morning and evening, and also attend to secret Prayer.

RULE 3.  We will observe and keep the Word of Wisdom according to the Spirit and meaning thereof.

RULE 4.  We will treat our families with due kindness and affection, and set before them an example worthy of imitation; in our families and intercourse with all persons, we will refrain from being contentious or quarrelsome, and we will cease to speak of evil of each other, and will cultivate a spirit of charity towards all.  We consider it our duty to keep from acting selfishly or from covetous motives, and will seek the interest of each other and the salvation of all mankind.

RULE 5. We will observe personal cleanliness, and preserve ourselves in all chastity by refraining from adultery, whoredom and lust.  We will also discountenance and refrain from all vulgar and obscene language or conduct.

RULE 6.  We will observe the Sabbath day to keep it holy, in accordance with the revelations.

RULE 7.  That which is not committed to our care we will not appropriate to our own use.

RULE 8.  That which we borrow we will return according to promise, and that which we find we will not appropriate to our own use, but seek to return it to its proper owner.

RULE 9.  We will, as soon as possible cancel all individual indebtedness and contracted prior to our uniting with the Order, and when once fully identified with said Order, will contract no debts contrary to the wishes of the Board of Directors.

RULE 10.  We will patronize our brethren who are in the Order.

RULE 11.  In our apparel and deportment we will not pattern after nor encourage foolish and extravagant fashions, and cease to import or buy from abroad any article which can be reasonably dispensed with, or which can be produced by combination of home labor.  We will foster and encourage the producing and manufacturing of all articles needful for our consumption as fast as our circumstances will permit.

RULE 12.  We will be simple in our dress and manner of living, using proper economy and prudence in the management of all entrusted to our care.

RULE 13.  We will combine our labor for mutual benefit, sustain with our faith, prayers and works, those whom we have elected to take the management of the different departments of the Order, and be subject to them in their official capacity, refraining from a spirit of fault-finding.

RULE 14.  We will honestly and diligently labor, and devote ourselves and all we have to the Order and the building up of the Kingdom of God.

Printed at the Desert News Bleam Printing Establishment, Salt Lake City.

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler
misspelling

On 3/25/2024 at 1:59 PM, Traveler said:

My family is the holder of the best known copy of the Rules of the United Order.  For your fun and enjoyment I have printed out a copy (on my compurter not a photo copy) of the rules of the United Order.

The Traveler

As I read through this, I found that my family and I are already doing most of these. A few still need a little more effort.

On 3/27/2024 at 11:42 AM, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

As I read through this, I found that my family and I are already doing most of these. A few still need a little more effort.

Number 11 is a big one in today’s society.  We love to buy our clothing at Cosco that relies on cheep imports from China and India that employ the essence of child slave labor.

The Traveler

5 hours ago, Traveler said:

Number 11 is a big one in today’s society.  We love to buy our clothing at Cosco that relies on cheep imports from China and India that employ the essence of child slave labor.

The Traveler

DI Whoop Whoop!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2024 at 3:59 PM, Traveler said:

The Traveler

Which United Order was it connected with, and when? I understand there were a number of local iterations.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/history/topics/united-orders?lang=eng

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/history/topics/united-firm-united-order?lang=eng

4 hours ago, CV75 said:

Brigham City.

The Traveler