Guess where I have been today!

WillowTheWhisp

Pushka's baptism! :)

What a sweet spirit filled service and what a lovely lady. There should be a photo coming soon as one of the elders took one or two (one with me and my daughter with Pushka)

Oooh I'm so excited. I love baptisms. It reminds me of how I felt when I was baptised and to feel so excited about the Gospel. One of the elders played some beautiful violin music of the hymns whilst waiting for Pushka to get changed. That was so lovely.

It was funny explaining to people who we were and how come we came to be invited.

I'll leave Pushka to tell you more about the baptism itself. I'm sure she's still on cloud 9. :)

Willow!! Thanks very, very much for making this thread. It really was lovely meeting you and your daughter tonight, and yes, it was quite funny letting people know about this site and how we met via it.

You're right, I am still on cloud 9. I've been meaning to start a thread about my Baptism, or even a blog..which might be a better idea in order to remember it all fully.

Let's just say on here that I was really nervous, yet not shaking at all, David Eastwood who Baptised me was an old friend of mine from when I used to attend all those years ago, and he joked with me during the talks, saying they ought to keep the talks short cos the water would be going cold, and maybe they wouldn't be bringing me back out of the water!! I really was terrified as I finally stepped into the font, and wasn't too certain that David could lift me back up with me holding onto his left arm, I'm sorry for going on about how scared I was, but I really have a water phobia..just the smell of chlorine makes me feel ill...so for me to be immersed was a miracle in itself..my mum could barely watch (she can't swim either), and Becki wasn't allowed to take a picture of me 'going under' but she said I looked okay, not too panicky as I emerged..Going down tho, felt like I was never gonna hit the bottom!! Obviously I did survive and the 1st attempt was all that was necessary. I loved the hymns that were chosen (not by me cos I don't know enough of them), and the talks from my friends Glenys, her husband David and by David who Baptised me.

My sister, nephew, mum and Becki, my daughter, all came to watch and take pictures. As Willow said, the Elders took about 3 or 4 pictures, which they've promised to email to me on Wednesday, so I will put them on here for you all. My family really enjoyed the occasion, my sister commented that I ought to try to get Becki to start attending with me, but Becki's not that sure about it, lol..she's gonna come with me tomorrow though, for my Confirmation.

The buffet that 2 of the Sisters had made for after the service was delicious..chocolate cream cake and victoria sponge with cream, fresh strawberries, chocolate biscuits and snaps, and lots of fruit juice..mmmm yummy!!

All in all, I'm really happy that I finally took this step to show my commitment to the church and to God and Jesus, and I'm looking forward to now being a full member.

Willow, thanks again for starting this thread, and for attending tonight...I'm looking forward to when we can meet up again...Thanks everyone else on here, for your kind thoughts, words of encouragement, and inspiration! :)

Willow!! Thanks very, very much for making this thread. It really was lovely meeting you and your daughter tonight, and yes, it was quite funny letting people know about this site and how we met via it.

You're right, I am still on cloud 9. I've been meaning to start a thread about my Baptism, or even a blog..which might be a better idea in order to remember it all fully.

Let's just say on here that I was really nervous, yet not shaking at all, David Eastwood who Baptised me was an old friend of mine from when I used to attend all those years ago, and he joked with me during the talks, saying they ought to keep the talks short cos the water would be going cold, and maybe they wouldn't be bringing me back out of the water!! I really was terrified as I finally stepped into the font, and wasn't too certain that David could lift me back up with me holding onto his left arm, I'm sorry for going on about how scared I was, but I really have a water phobia..just the smell of chlorine makes me feel ill...so for me to be immersed was a miracle in itself..my mum could barely watch (she can't swim either), and Becki wasn't allowed to take a picture of me 'going under' but she said I looked okay, not too panicky as I emerged..Going down tho, felt like I was never gonna hit the bottom!! Obviously I did survive and the 1st attempt was all that was necessary. I loved the hymns that were chosen (not by me cos I don't know enough of them), and the talks from my friends Glenys, her husband David and by David who Baptised me.

My sister, nephew, mum and Becki, my daughter, all came to watch and take pictures. As Willow said, the Elders took about 3 or 4 pictures, which they've promised to email to me on Wednesday, so I will put them on here for you all. My family really enjoyed the occasion, my sister commented that I ought to try to get Becki to start attending with me, but Becki's not that sure about it, lol..she's gonna come with me tomorrow though, for my Confirmation.

The buffet that 2 of the Sisters had made for after the service was delicious..chocolate cream cake and victoria sponge with cream, fresh strawberries, chocolate biscuits and snaps, and lots of fruit juice..mmmm yummy!!

All in all, I'm really happy that I finally took this step to show my commitment to the church and to God and Jesus, and I'm looking forward to now being a full member.

Willow, thanks again for starting this thread, and for attending tonight...I'm looking forward to when we can meet up again...Thanks everyone else on here, for your kind thoughts, words of encouragement, and inspiration! :)

Wow! i swear im feeling the spirit as i just read about your wonderfull baptism! How wonderfull! Though you might need to be forewarned about becoming addicted to the spirit, its very easy to get that addiction.:)

Thanks for all the Congratulations, I'm still riding high on the feelings from yesterday and today, it really does feel good. Now my kids (non-LDS) have started to tease me whenever I say something risque...'mum, you're not allowed to talk like that anymore, you're a Mormon now!!' LOL :)