Presidential Medal Of Freedom

Snow

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Snow@Jun 20 2004, 04:30 PM

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...0040618-13.html

LDS Church President Gordon B. Hinckley will be awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom — the nation's highest civil honor — by President Bush during ceremonies Wednesday at the White House.

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,5950...5071606,00.html

This is pretty cool.

And not to gloat too much, but I can't wait for the response from all those antis out there. This should chaff them, but good.

Guest TheProudDuck

Originally posted by DisRuptive1@Jun 20 2004, 02:46 PM

Oh man, you think Bush is trying to get the LDS vote? Maybe he'll give the pope the same thing too.

AFTER READING IT: Guess he's looking for the Catholic vote also. Although I could be looking in to this too much seeing as this is an election year and all.

I don't think Bush was ever worried about getting the LDS vote.

Originally posted by TheProudDuck+Jun 21 2004, 10:41 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheProudDuck @ Jun 21 2004, 10:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--DisRuptive1@Jun 20 2004, 02:46 PM

Oh man, you think Bush is trying to get the LDS vote?  Maybe he'll give the pope the same thing too.

AFTER READING IT:  Guess he's looking for the Catholic vote also.  Although I could be looking in to this too much seeing as this is an election year and all.

I don't think Bush was ever worried about getting the LDS vote.

exactly sir.

I think it's interesting how the public affairs people refer to the Pope as "Holy Father" and "His Holiness".

I wonder what we'd have to do to get them to refer to President Hinkley with a similar amount of respect?

Ya think maybe we should start a petition? Ya, me neither. But I do think he deserves it. :)

I would be uncomfortable referring to Pres. Hinckley (or any other prophet of God for that matter) as "holy father" or "his holiness". The title suggests some sort of demi-god status, something which the prophets don't claim to have. I'd just settle for having the world refer to him as "prophet, seer, and revelator".

Originally posted by BYR@Jun 20 2004, 03:37 PM

And not to gloat too much, but I can't wait for the response from all those antis out there. This should chaff them, but good.

Why do you think that it would bother antis? President Bush isn't pronouncing him Prophet of the World, just recognizing his good efforts and hard work.

M.

Originally posted by punaboy@Jun 22 2004, 03:47 PM

Snow says:

"It wasn't gratuitious. I think your idealogy is punkish."

then mebbe you "misunderestimate me" :P

seriously tho, try the spell check...

*watches as what Snow said flies right over Punaboy's head"

WHOOOOOSH!!

Originally posted by Maureen@Jun 22 2004, 03:24 PM

Why do you think that it would bother antis[/b...

Because anyone who is "Anti" anything get upset when the thing they despise is recognized as a great thing. And the Prophet represents all that is rightious and THAT alone will stir up the enemy to harden the hearts of men.

Faerie says:

"*watches as what Snow said flies right over Punaboy's head"

WHOOOOOSH!!"

dood, is it really possible that you think that when I said, "try the spellcheck", that I was referring to Snow's misspelling of my nick? And that you actually think that he spelled "gratuitous" and "ideology" correctly?

watch as Faerie's entire educational experience goes right over his head, whooosh... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by punaboy@Jun 22 2004, 04:15 PM

dood.....(as in dude?)

watch as Faerie's entire educational experience goes right over his head, whooosh... :rolleyes:

Watch as all those years of sex education (including identifying gender) escapes right through punaboy's memory. Or did you not receive sex education growing up - or possibly prefer the male persuasion to have very feminine names. Even on the internet, I can't imagine a guy calling himself Faerie, especially a pregnant guy.

M.

Why do you think that it would bother antis? President Bush isn't pronouncing him Prophet of the World, just recognizing his good efforts and hard work.

I'm wondering why some of these people are receiving this medal at all. My question is where are the following people:

Rudy Giuliani - for his actions on 9/11

Mother Teresa -posthumously - for her life's service

Fr Michael Judge -posthumously - died while administering the last rights to a firefighter during the collapse of the first WTC tower on 9/11, and the first official casualty of the 9/11 terror attacks

Each of these people is more deserving that each person on that list. That medal is one motivated by politics, not service.

Originally posted by Maureen+Jun 22 2004, 03:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maureen @ Jun 22 2004, 03:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--BYR@Jun 20 2004, 03:37 PM

And not to gloat too much, but I can't wait for the response from all those antis out there.  This should chaff them, but good.

M.

Well,

Becasuse when I mentioned once that President Hinckley was one of the most respected religious leaders in the country one not-so-bright antiMormon vulgarian posted that President Hinckley was a fool and a fraud or some worthless drivel to that effect.

That same gender confused virago went on to proclaim that you could tell a "true" prophet by the quality of their character and carraige.... such as Benny Hinn.

That's why.

"I'm wondering why some of these people are receiving this medal at all. My question is where are the following people:

Rudy Giuliani - for his actions on 9/11

Mother Teresa -posthumously - for her life's service got it

Fr Michael Judge -posthumously - nominated

Originally posted by punaboy@Jun 22 2004, 07:15 PM

Faerie says:

"*watches as what Snow said flies right over Punaboy's head"

WHOOOOOSH!!"

dood, is it really possible that you think that when I said, "try the spellcheck", that I was referring to Snow's misspelling of my nick? And that you actually think that he spelled "gratuitous" and "ideology" correctly?

what he actually said still went WHOOSH over your head peon...or perhaps you're too obsessed w/ spelling to notice...

nice attitude...you've been on the board less than a month and already you've made enemies..NICE!

and yes, you're SO observant as to my sex...*rolls eyes*