How easy is it ????

HizWife625

Jesus was not some "send me to the earth prophet and let me see if I can get back to god or become a god..... Nor is anyone on this earth a spirt-child sent by god to do good works on this earth to hopefully earn a god0like status in the afterlife. Nor do women have to rely on a false hope of entering into a kingdom by way of a man ( and yes, this is a belief of the LDS as given straight from the mouth of a former LDS of five generations)

Perhaps you had get a better source for your Mormon Doctrine than a former member. I've been a member my whole life, and I have not heard that Jesus was not God before he came to the Earth.

Try The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you abandon sin? Even JeanaMarie confessed she is a sinner....We cannot abandon what we in inherited by nature.

Deuteronomy 4:35, "You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides Him there is no other."

Deuteronomy 6:4, "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." Malachi 2:10a, "Have we not all one Father? Did not one God create us?"

1 Corinthians 8:6, "yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live."

Ephesians 4:6, "one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." 1 Timothy 2:5, "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

James 2:19, "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that — and shudder."

I

??????????????????????

What if your husband (assuming you are married) does not allow you into his kingdom? What happends next ? How many years have you belonged to the LDS?

I

Misshalfway

You now say Jesus is the CREATOR............How can that be when others in the LDS believe GOD is the CREATOR?

Where have you been? :huh: We believe in the divinity of Christ. Jesus is the creator, as Misshalfway pointed out, and I worship him like I do the Father.

Check out what the late Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley recently said:

He is the Savior and the Redeemer of the world. I believe in Him. I declare His divinity without equivocation or compromise. I love Him. I speak His name in reverence and wonder. I worship Him as I worship His Father, in spirit and in truth. I thank Him and kneel before His wounded feet and hands and side, amazed at the love He offers me. (LDS.org - Liahona Article - In These Three I Believe)

Sincerely,

Vanhin

Ps. And what Canuck Mormon said... :)

What if your husband (assuming you are married) does not allow you into his kingdom? What happends next ? /quote]

Ha ha ha ha. My husband does not allow me into his kingdom? (There is sooo much more I could say in this direction, but probably not right for this thread.) That is a new one I have never heard. The truth is: my husband and I hope and expect to be admitted to the kingdom of God/Christ/heaven. We will go together.

And to an earlier question: Jesus Christ was God before he ever was born as a baby. He never stopped being God. He is still God. He is Alpha and Omega. He is the Creator. The Church of Jesus Christ has always taught this. It is what I believe.

Our Father in heaven is God. Jesus Christ is God (and the Son of God). The Holy Ghost is God. The three of them together are One God/Godhead. However, they are each separate individuals with separate identities and lives. The Father and Christ have resurrected bodies. The Holy Ghost is a personage of Spirit.

I though this little bit might help you understand how we feel about Jesus. We believe that God the Father and Jesus are separate. Father and Son. But that the Son follows the direction of the Father.

John 5

19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

1. Jesus had a premortal existence. The apostle John, who speaks of Christ as the Word made flesh (John 1:14), opens the book that bears his name by testifying, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” (John 1:1.) In other words, in the beginning was Christ, and Christ was with God, and Christ himself also was a God. The important thing for our purpose at the moment, however, is simply that “in the beginning” was Christ.

The apostle Paul also says that in the days of Moses—more than twelve hundred years before Jesus was born—the children of Israel “drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.” (1 Cor. 10:4.)

If any more Bible evidence should be needed to establish the premortal existence of the Savior, you may wish to note a statement that Jesus himself made the night before his crucifixion. With apparent longing for the glory of his previous existence, he prayed, “And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.” (John 17:5.)Eldin Ricks, “Q&A: Questions and Answers,” New Era, Feb. 1972, 35–36

We believe that Jesus is the savior, the creator, and will be our judge as well. If you keep reading in John 5 The Father commits the judgement to the son.

Guest tomk

Our IMAGE......... Not imageS ..............

Moses 2: 26-27

26 And I, God, said unto mine Only Begotten, which was with me from the beginning: Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and it was so. And I, God, said: Let them have dominion over the fishes of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 And I, God, created man in mine own image, in the image of mine Only Begotten created I him; male and female created I them.

Abr. 4: 26-27

26 And the Gods took counsel among themselves and said: Let us go down and form man in our image, after our likeness; and we will give them dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So the Gods went down to organize man in their own image, in the image of the Gods to form they him, male and female to form they them.

Hidden

Our IMAGE......... Not imageS ..............

Before...

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Now adding the missing text...

And [the] God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness::D

Gods: God the Father, God the Son

Guest tomk

Gen. 1: 26-27

26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Yes I did. I haven't replied to that post yet. :) But here is my reply.

I cling to all the words and teachings of Jesus Christ, and I don't ignore some of his words. You know that I have quoted the words of Jesus of Nazareth. That is the Jesus I have placed my faith in. What other Jesus are you talking about?

Sincerely,

Vanhin

I am going to respond you vanhin but I think misshalfway questions will get answered..And yes i can undertand where she is going in her logic.

Let me give you an analogy..There is a apple and and a banana before us. I call mine a banana and you call yours a banana..I say i put my faith in bananas and you say you put your faith in banana..but before you is an apple..make sense?

It is not that we disagree so much on works being important or not it is our definitions that are creating the questions and the division.. We do not worship the same Jesus. I know that their are similiarities..sure. but you know what we should do a whole thread on this "Who Jesus is" because this is so important. not just to mormons but to all people.

How can you abandon sin? Even JeanaMarie confessed she is a sinner....We cannot abandon what we in inherited by nature.

Deuteronomy 4:35, "You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides Him there is no other."

Deuteronomy 6:4, "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one." Malachi 2:10a, "Have we not all one Father? Did not one God create us?"

1 Corinthians 8:6, "yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live."

Ephesians 4:6, "one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." 1 Timothy 2:5, "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

James 2:19, "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that — and shudder."

I

??????????????????????

What if your husband (assuming you are married) does not allow you into his kingdom? What happends next ? How many years have you belonged to the LDS?

I

How do I abandon sin? Wow that is easy. If I lie, I stop lying. I apologize and tell the truth. I make restitution for any problems caused by my lie. I repent to God. I ask him to forgive me. He forgives. I am cleansed -- thru his sacrifice. I am whole again. Not whole on my own, by literally sanctified thru the blood of the lamb.

Do I sin? You bet. But isn't that the good news? I can be made clean again!

I don't dispute any of the scriptures you share. I just understand that the word 'one' doesn't necessarily mean one being. I understand how you may understand it though. I just can't though, look as these scriptures and then factor them into all the rest that demonstrate a difference between the Father and the Son and net a belief in the trinity or triune. The Godhead simply makes more sense to me.

Been a member my whole life. Don't know what you mean by the husband question. Sounds to me like you have been ill informed on our doctrine.

Guest tomk

But from tomK..... I, God, created.............. I is singular......

Why did God say "our"

Shouldn't He have said "my"????

How come Genesis doesn't read like this:

Gen. 1: 26-27

26 ¶ And God said, Let me make man in my image, after my likeness:

MissHalfWay:

Genesis 1

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Hizwife..in lds teaching Jesus was our brother in the spirit world before we came here. He was creator with God in the beginning. And this was my point

HE IS NOT MY BROTHER HE IS LORD AND MY MAKER..NOT MY BROTHER.

This conversion from what I have seen since page one, has demonstrated itself to be of [observational viewpoint utilizing animal] a chicken telling the Eagle how to soar, when in fact, the chicken cannot fly.

Now it is completely sad to think, how many souls are led off the path, from those crying out from the spacious building across the river unto those who are called of GOD.